Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner system locks up 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredtelco

Technical User
Jul 27, 2008
US

The client could not select any additional lines except for line 1. This was happening on all phones. If someone was talking on line 1 and another user tried to access line 2 from another telephone they could not. Any of the additional users tried to access voice mail using the pre programmed VM button they were denied. Non of the users could access lines or features.

I did a system reset procedure 728. This cleared the problem.

Right away I thought it was the processor. I replaced the processor.

This past week the same happened. If a client was on line 1, if an additional client came off hook at another telephone they could not access dial tone or any features. I again did a system reset 728.

The processor is housed in a five slot carrier, slot 1 has a 400 module, slot 2 had a VM R3, and the R6 processor is in the P slot, slots 5 and 6 are vacant.

What happens if you try to access programming from station 10 or 11? Can you place any calls with a butt set on a station port? Do you have IC dial tone? Can you call other stations? Have you tried remote access and pulled the diagnostics?

....JIM....

my bad i see you said it was a r6. just asking did you reprogram or do system restore from flash card?

I can program from station 10 and/or 11. That is how I did a system reset, #728.

I did not try placing a call with a butt set on a station port. I did not try the IC dial tone. I will try that next time.

Their are no 206 or 308.

Yes it is a R6, I did not reprogram the replacement processor, I restored the system with a backup/restore card (flah card)

Partners are cadilacs ! same reason avaya having trouble converting to office IP. why fix shit aint broke. the hondas of phone systems. could be a corrupt back up file? never seen it before on a partner. is their a ups involved? power condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back