Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Speaker phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinxs

Vendor
Mar 28, 2003
US
Hi all,

I have a customer who has a Euro 18D. She is claiming that the speaker on her phone cuts out when it is in use. I told her that this was a normal characteristic of the phone since it is only a half-duplex speakerphone. Then she went into that this phone hasn't behaved this way in the past and that this problem is recent. So, to appease her, I swapped her phone with another less used phone in the building. Sure enough the mic was less sensitive to ambient noise. Then my customer had mentioned that she has 4-5 more phone behaving that way. My question is, has anyone seen deterioration like this with the mics on the Euro phones? As well, I was wondering if I could fix the issue by purchasing some Mics from refurbsupplies and resolve this problem. Or, is there other components involved here. I have run across this problem before, but never had to replace 5 phones at one shot. Thanks in advance.

I tell my customers to turn the volume down; it helps w/ the background noise that the speakers continuously pick up. I also think that people automatically turn the volume up when they think something is not working, so turning it back down actually helps in a lot of instances. I have never heard of replacing the mics but I am not that brave...had a client once who didn't like the speakerphone so once I replaced one everyone suddenly (magically?)had the same problem. I think it was in their head.. lucky for me they had gone over the years from a Partner to a Magix so I just swapped the ETR and Partners for and MLX board and MLX's - won't help you much, I'm afraid. As an aside...I don't know if this is legal or not .. but I have had REALLY good luck with a company out of Chicago called D&S Comm for rebuilding old stuff. They are inexpensive and have never had a quality issue w/ them and they warranty everything for 18 months - they might be an option?

Jinxs...Yes I have had the exact same problem and circumstances...The sets were 34D's and about 4 years old...
Like you, I moved some sets around with lightly used sets and the problem was resolved....I also advise people that the speaker is not a full duplex so keep your room noise [ music, machines, room fans, etc to a mimimum...

The Mic's are very easy to replace if you have to...no soldering involved and can be purchased on the web...

Rich

Yes, we have seen these issues in the Euro I's and the Euro II's !

Its very annoying we usually just replace the unit and see how the customers environment is...the partner sets don't have such great speakers or mics.....nothing compared to the 6400 sets

:)

Marco C
Communications Engineer
EC Enterprise Consultants | NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back