Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner R7/Exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

propaniac

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2012
US
We have an avaya partner R7 with the unified mail installed. We just got exchange server 2010 and i cannot get the VM sent to our email. When i try and setup the ms exchange settings it says "unable to create the e-mail on the unified messaging application system" and then vanishes.

I installed exchange hoping to get the VM to e-mail working again. Any help would be great.

Just use SMTP and set the SMTP server to relay all internal mail. You really do not need Exchange at all. You can ue free email such a SendMail.

I have tried that as well and the Easymail smtp express will not connect... shows connection not available. Never used Sendmail, will it interact with the exchange server to send the VM to e-mail an e-mail address or does it work externally? thanks again

You have no need for Exchange just for this. All you need is SMTP. If you have Exchange you have IIS and IIS has SMTP built in. SendMail is free, easy to set up and runs on anything. You can run it on any Windows or Linux system.

Look to see if you have a a From address entered in UMS.
May need to go back to the UMS setup.

Exchange 2007 and 2010 require a From address or the mail is rejected.
Exchange 2003 did not require a From address and exchange inserted one if one was not provided by the sender.

Could be that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back