Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Plus 4.1 - Battery Replacement and setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman1969

Vendor
Feb 23, 2005
US
Hello All,

I am helping out a local non profit starting up. I am giving them an old partner plus 4.1 systems with qty 2- 206 card and a Relese 3 voicemail that has been sitting around for years. This is a complete freebie....I like the organization but I don't want to be back there all that often. so...I would like to replace the battery in the partner unit so that I don't have problems in the future with loss of programming. I have never change one. What type of battery do I need and what do I need to do?

I know that the programming is a little more basic but is there any major thing I need to know when it is compared to an ACS?

Thanks for any help,
Mark

you need to open the clamshell on the processor and you will see it soldered in place ,

batteries Plus or someplace that can make one for you , I had one ,made last week and it was around 10.00

I forgot to say it in my last reply but programming is the same as ACS just not as many features. The battery is easy after you open up the case. You'll need a real small screwdriver to pry the latches over, be careful they break easy, pry them in the direction of the arrows. If you know how to solder go for it.
You can download a manual here:

Good luck
Bob

Thanks for your help... I'll open the case tonight and let you know how is goes.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back