Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Msg R7 in "Test Mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabenorteltech

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
US
I'm installing a Partner Messaging R7, which is installed in a 5 slot carrier with a Partner ACS R3. When I dial intercom 777 the Msg unit answers and states that it is in test mode? It says welcome etc and then enter the touch tone promts to test and later asks for a voice test too? I cannot enter the normal 0# and then the password as usual? The voice mail is two ports and did not come with a pcmcia card? Does the system require a 2 port card?

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!

It requires the card to permit any ports to function. With no card, the best it will do is test mode.

Yes, PMR 1-7 are different than PMVS 1-4. PMVS 1-4 have 2 ports on-board. PMR 1-7 have none. You must have a port license card installed in order for a PMR 1-7 to function in production mode. Note: if a port license card is installed and you get the "Test Mode" message, either your card is not seated properly and/or has gone bad.

--Dan

Thanks a lot, i figured it was the card, thanks for telling that for sure. I called the distributor and they forgot to ship the license card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back