Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mail VS R 5 won't record messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbstel

Technical User
Feb 2, 2005
US
I programmed Part Mail VS R5 on an ACS 3.0. All worked fine. Brought to customers site & put into an ACS 4.0, everything works EXCEPT you are unable to record MB greetings (I assume also AA though I didn't check as they were OK)or leave messages. After stating "leave message after the tone" you get no tone & immediatly says, "your messageis to short", and asks you to select another extension. Brought back to my office, plugged into R3.0 and it works fine!

NB...

I had this same problem with an ACS 3.0 and a VS 5.0 about six months ago. The same was true... you were not able to record any messages - Patty Partner told you that "your message is too short" whenever you tried to record something. In my case, the customer's 2 slot carrier had a damaged pin on the edge-card connector. I swapped out the carrier and everything worked fine.

I hope this helps. If this is not the case for you, I am sure someone else here has the answer.

I've seen this problem alot on refurbed Partner Mail VS5. Try the voicemail in a different cabinet and diferent ACS to verify where the problem is.

Voicemail works fine in my cabinet. Does not when it is put in customers.

I'll check the pins on the carrier. Any other ideas would be appreciated before I return to the site.

Regards (& thanks)
Ron C
NBS Telecom

Great Post DTomas! I put a 206 card in slot 2 where VMail was, slid that into slot 3 and bingo! Works fine. Time for a new carrier.

Regards, (& thanks)
Ron C
NBS Telecom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back