Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Call Coverage assistance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwebb

Technical User
May 12, 2005
US
I am sure I am ahving a blonde moment. I have a Partner ASC rev7 with a VM card installed in the processor. System is configured for 4 lines. I successfully configured two of the lines to be answered by the auto attendent. I wanted to individually assign the other 2 lines to ring at extensions and if no answer be handled by their voicemail boxes. I verified #208(ownership) for the lines and #207- group 7 is set to 3 for the two lines. What am I missing to make this work?!

The extensions must have the lines assigned to them, with either Immediate or Delayed Ring, and Auto VMS Coverage #310

#206-7 should actually be set to 2-Not Assigned (it's not being sent for Auto Attendant coverage or Line Ownership, it has Call Coverage in #208)

Ok, I adjusted the settings as you had specified in the post. It did not make a difference. FYI- the second extension with the other line functioned just as I wanted it to. Not sure where the breakdown is and I ahve done this several times in the past, but not very lucky this time.

Make sure the line is not in #206 Group 7 for sure. It should be set to 2=not assigned.

Make sure the extension has the line assigned to it and it is set to ring. Actually hear it and see it blink green.

Make sure the line is in #208 call cover and you didn't mix up the line with the extension or something like that.

Make sure the extension has #310 auto VMS cover on.

Make sure #321 number of rings to vm is where you want it.

Make sure the extension is not a hot line, doorphone, or in hunt group 7. Just being paranoid at this point.

It should work. If it is line 5, make sure it is not set for paging or something weird like that.

I would power cycle the system to cancel any feature such as forwarding or call cover that may be on.

Hope this helps.

Mike

OK I have somehow a different option in my head for #206 group 7, I always set it to "3 VMS cover" and it works too, either I am just a lucky bastard or it doesn't matter what you set it to as long as it is not "1 assigned".
Tried in the manual for R8 to find something really explanatory but that manual sucks big time on that option.
Or maybe I should go to bed and read again tomorrow.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Hi Joe,

The orginal use of #206 7 3=vms cover was on the early Partner systems before they had the #208 call cover. This option 3 was how you got an outside line to go to a user's mailbox. In the Partner Mail VS, there was option 6 on the admin menu called line ownership. Line ownership in conjunction with this #206 group 7 3=vms line cover was how you relate an outside line to a specific extension to play a personal greeting in lieu of the main greeting.

Once #208 came out and later Partner Messaging, it made it easier, putting the whole line ownership responsibility on the ACS side rather than having to deal with both components. Still the old #206 Group 7 3 = vms line cover remains in all releases I think just so someone with an old VS can still have line ownership or perhaps they can't take it out. Who knows!

Mike

mikedphones
thanks for the explanation, I guess I got always lucky on this and didn't have to program older version for this, LOL.
A star for the effort to explain it to me.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Ok, I slowed down and checked eveything. I feel so dumb because I had "swapped" extension inorder to find a quiet place to work and turned of the audible ring. Long story short, I did hear the lines ringing but on a set right next to the one I was having problems with. I did speak to an Avaya rep and he seems to think that setting the line to option 3 in #206 is the best option because it applies to all partner systems regardless as to version. Thank you all for the input and help

One more difference between Line Ownership, and Call Coverage.

Using Line Ownership, the owner can use DND, and if the line is assigned to any other extensions, it will continue to ring 3 times before covering to the voice mail box.

Using Call Coverage, the owner uses DND, and the call will cover immediately.

Partner Messaging has Line Ownership, as does Partner Mail and Partner Mail VS. Only Partner Voice Messaging PC Card forces you to use Call Coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back