Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner 5 slot carriers or two 5 slots joined together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
Hello, and Happy Holidays to all members:

What is the maximum lines by stations I can achieve with a 5 slot carrier?

And, can I interconnect two 5 slot carriers? If so, do I need a special cable or adapter or part?
I believe I can but I have never personally done so.

Thank you!

alwayslearning

Which Partner system are you inquiring about (Partner Plus, Partner II or Partner ACS)?

With the Partner ACS, there is no expansion beyond the 5 module carrier.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Anyway you go the maximum usable sta's will be 48, Partner dial plan goes from 10-57

Sorry, guys/gals. It is a Partner ACS.

allisland I do not understand the dial plan goes from 10-57?
Thanks!

alwayslearning

Extensions numbers start at 10 and go to 57, so you have a maximum of 48 stations

allisland: I was thinking one 509 Processor card and 4 308 cards would get me 17 lines and 41 extensions. Because I am trying to get as many lines in there also.

Am I wrong? Thanks

alwayslearning

Let's step back and look at this from another direction.

By populating the carrier with (1) 5x9 and (4) 3x8 expansions, you will be able to support 17 lines and 41 extensions.

Now how does voicemail fit into this picture?

With no open slots in the carrier, you would be limited to the entry-level Partner Voice Messaging. The large version will support up to 16 voicemail boxes, but the practical limit is 12.

With 17 phone lines, you might want to look into a T1. Even though a T1 module (actually a factional T1 because it will not support all 24 channels) is available, the Partner ACS is really not well suited for that type of service.

The next step up (at least in Avaya's product line) would be the discontinued Merlin Magix (mostly refurbished hardware, but still a rock solid system) or IP Office.

These systems will easily accommodate the line & extensions, provide a decent voicemail system and allow more growth.

I have a typo in my last post. The sentence should say "(actually a fractional T1......)".

telemarksman.

If you really want to understand the Partner configuration capabilities, you can download the documentation from Avaya's website: support.avaya.com and review all the options there. The reading is not that difficult, and you will be able to understand what you can mix and match to get the line and station quantities you need within the limitations of the PARTNER architecture.

Dexman and allisland are correct.

....JIM....

I thought that I would put a PC large VM in the 509 Processor?

alwayslearning

Sorry also customer is going to split Centrex lines due to two locations about 4 miles apart. @ different Central offices.

alwayslearning

The Partner Voice Messaging (Large) will work, but its functionality is quite basic. It also has some quirks (such as if you reduce the number of provisioned voicemail boxes, the greetings and messages of all of the other boxes are wiped out. [curse]

Avaya also has the User's Guide for the Partner Voice Messaging posted on the company's website. As Syquest suggested, you might want to download that as well and read up on the voicemail.

Now by splitting the Centrex lines, do you mean that....say....Location "A" will have 5 Centrex lines of it's own plus 5 for Location "B".......while Location "B" will have 5 Centrex lines plus 5 for Location "A" [ponder]

20 lines total, 10 at original location 10 at new location with room in the KSU for More. Then dial 9, and last 4 digits to reach original office or vice versa for call transfers, intercom etc.

alwayslearning

My 5 & 5 was just a wild guess. [bigsmile]

It would help if you were to say what the ultimate goal is for each location, i.e.: trunks + stations. You've mentioned 10 Centrex lines, which can be accomodated by a 509 proc. and a 200 trunk module. Also bear in mind, regardless of the PC messaging size, you're limited to 2 ports, not much when you consider people leaving messages, collecting messages and auto-attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back