Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

partner 355af connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmg77

Technical User
May 1, 2013
US
thread688-568649
I found a thread listing this as an alternative to the 355 connector..anyone know if this db9 is what connects to laptop then what a patch cord from rj45 end to smdr port on Partner acs because I couldn't get it to connect that way.. im trying to use the Avaya pc admin software.

DB9 to RJ45 Pinout _

rj-45
PIN 1 ORANGE 2 CD
PIN 2 GREEN 5 RD
PIN 3 YELLOW 6 TD
PIN 4 BLACK 3 DTR
PIN 5 RED 4 SG
PIN 6 BROWN 7 DSR
PIN 7 WHITE 8 RTS
PIN 8 CTS
PIN 9 BLUE 1

It works in place of the 355AF

Well, you don't use PC Admin software to capture SMDR, and you don't connect to the SMDR port to use the PC Admin program.

The SMDR port is 1200-N-8-1-No Flow Control, and you should be able to use Hyperterminal to see the SMDR records in real time.

The Admin port (on an R7 and R8) is where you connect for using the programming GUI.

Thanks my mistake I was led to believe that programming could be done this way. I am dealing with a R6.

I found the documentation that says I can use direct dial for admin as long as I configure the extension for that purpose.

its such a easy system to program through the phone I never bother with the software ( I did try it a couple of times )

I love the software, to read out a lot of buttons to reprogram a system from scratch without having to run to each phone it is a God sent.
programming buttons on the other had with it is a real PITA as it takes 10 times longer that via phone.
you can see a lot of settings on 1 page that you usually have to go into several programming points on the phone but if you know what to program the phone method is faster no doubt.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back