Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parked call timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlyhex

Technical User
Feb 26, 2009
CA
I recently switched a customer over from IP Office to a UCX250 and there are a few things they are not liking.
1. When a parked call times out it rings back as a regular call instead of letting them know it was a parked call.
2. I was able to get rid of the beeping in the ear for call waiting but was wondering if there is a way for the phone
to ring for that second call after hanging up on the first one.
3. When a call is answered the caller ID only shows up for a short time then is gone. Wondering if there was a way to
bump that up. Using a PRI at this site if that makes a difference.
4. The ignore button on the UCX just turns the ringer off, where on the IP Office it will send the caller to voice mail.
Was wondering if anyone had a work around for that other than turning their DND on and off.

Thanks for your time, hopefully someone else has run into these same issues.

I can help you with the first one. You can configure the system to add a prefix to the caller ID when a parked call is sent back to the phone that parked the call (or to the alternate destination). Take a look at the field CallerID Prepend on the Parking Lot configuration page.

With regard to 3, I am not sure which phone type you might be using, but as far as I know, the caller ID is normally presented on phones for the entire duration of the call.

I think I have everything figured out except the ignore button and the caller ID issue. The phones are the Avaya 9508 phones that they previously had. I had to use my demo DSM card for this install because my distributor was short on cards so i can't test in the office.

Maybe the Ignore button is exactly what you are looking for in your point 2.

Let's say the user is on a call, has call waiting enabled and receives another call. The second call starts audibly alerting (the type depends on the configuration) - the user presses the Ignore button and the audible alerting stops. If the user terminates the first call before the second caller gives up, the phone should start immediately audibly ringing with the second call.

It could be very similar if you configure the second call to "buzz" - only a short tone would be presented when the second call reaches the phone, but it should start normal alerting when the first call is terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back