Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Park Button Blinking, nobody is home

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgerTony

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2013
US
I have a user that has a park button that is blinking red (like it should when someone is on that park line). However, when she picks it up, there is just a dial tone. Anybody else run into this issue? I'm not much of a phone expert. Thanks!

Sounds like 8.1.67, am i right?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

This is solved in 8.1.69 but that release has it's own problems if you have a PRI.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Ok thanks for the info. We do have a PRI, so we probably won't do any upgrading especially since this seems to be an isolated incident.

I heard that problem ended up being with the telco.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Update: I was able to fix the issue by calling myself, putting my cell phone on Park 2 (which was having the issue), and having that user pick it up. She was able to answer my phone call, and the blinking went away after she hung up.

you need to upgrade to 8.1 69 as tl peter said

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

I have several sites on 8.1.69 with PRI and no issues.

I have never heard of a GTD-5 central office switch.

I had an R8.1.69 with an Access One PRI. It would not allow international dialing and tagged all calls as National. I used the no user to send all calls as Unknown and verified through monitor it was still sending it as National. Downgraded to .67 and it immediately started sending them out as Unknown and international went through.

Connected to that GTD-5 Alcatel-Lucent co switch?
I haven't heard of any of those in the states. Plenty of 4E and 5E over here

No, I think they use a 5E switch. Just adding an issue I had experienced with R8.1.69 and PRI.

I hear ya. I had to look up the GTD5 and found a long line of defunct and merged companies that had their hands on this co switch.
Good chance of finding one at a Verizon CO.

It's pretty common to need to add that no user entry if you happen to be in some of the old GTE/Verizon now Frontier service territories.

There is another type of CO switch I ran across that won't take any NI-2 calls typed as national. I don't remember if it was Siemens or Ericsson, but TDS Metrocom has them in their network. Whenever I do a PRI cutover to TDS I plan on having to add the no user entry to send the calls out as unknown.

Just an update, the 8.1(73) release has fixed the PRI National Unknown issue. I had the same issue with 69 and the upgrade has resolved the outbound calling issues previously stated.

Didn't see it in the product update notice though??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back