Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic TDE200 SIP Trunking Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMitelGuy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2003
CA
Hello,

I hope this message finds everyone well/safe during the pandemic!

I'm trying to duplicate exactly what was done with a TDE 200 system with analog trunks. They have 4x analog trunks today (with CallerID/ANI) and they each map to individual keys. Calls come in, the trunk port/key rings and flashes and they answer it by picking up the handset. From there, they place the call on Hold and someone else at a different phone answers it by pressing the same line key and continuing on with the conversation.

What I would like to know is - can I do the exact same thing with SIP trunks on the same system? The customer can bring in SIP trunks no problem - and so I would probably bring in four (4), as a direct replacement. I just need each of the SIP trunks to ring a different button on all of the phones - just like a key system with four analog lines (as mentioned above). Can I do this? Will the Panasonic TDE 200 support this type of functionality with SIP trunks. Not a lot of switches do - so far only the UCx and IP Office support this exact functionality. Any way to do it with Panasonic? I'm hoping so...

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you!

Call pick-up works depending on the type of CO.
To replace 4 CO lines you need 4 SIP accounts.
If you want the same key layout (CO1,CO2,CO3....) on your phone, first delete the CO
card then add a SIP card, and the SIP channels will be marked as CO1, CO2,CO3...

There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid answers!

Thanks Kizo! I appreciate your help.

Just to confirm - you think I can program the SIP trunks just like analog CO trunks? The biggest thing here is the ability to see the SIP trunks on all of the phones and to be able to put the SIP trunks on hold and flash on the other phones so that they can just press that flashing key and grab the SIP trunk that is on hold. The customer wants the SIP trunks to work just like the analog CO trunks. I won't be able to use the Pick-Up feature - it has to be as simple as incoming call rings/flashes, they answer, put on hold and someone on another phone press that flashing held SIP line and continue the call. Do you think it will work the exact same way?

Again - I appreciate your help!

It will work just the same as the alog trunks. Once you've set up your V-SIPGW and assigned your SIP account (Basic channel + 3 Additional channels) you should see them appear in CO Line Settings; note the CO Line Number for each. Go to Flexible Button programming for each extension you want the lines to appear as keys on and assign 4 keys as type Single CO, with Parameter being the CO Line Number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back