Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging System Termination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2002
US
How do I know what terminates to what speaker? (Please forgive me if I'm vague)
We have a system that, when you dial "881", the phone beeps, then you enter another digit and the system circulates the page to a corresponding area.

I want to know what exactly the system is circulating to in relation to what digit.

Is there any help that can be offered?

thanks,

That would be impossible for anyone here to answer.
It sound like you are using a pagepac or similar system with multiple zones. The 881 you dial access that system, most likely through an aux port on the switch, the other digit tells the paging system which zone you want.

The 881 is the access code to your paging system. The next digit is the zone. Your paging unit should have several wires terminating from the zone cards to the speakers. As far as mapping out where these speakers are, you could get pretty creative. The easiest may be to come in after hours and page a zone. Lay your handset down next to a radio and walk around the building. -CL

That is correct, the port that it does "terminate" to does have several wires. I'll try to do some detective work concerning the system then.

thanks,

The system was connected to a "Valcom" system. It has a handy jack that you plug any analog phone into and dial in the programming features. (The manual was found crammed behind a punh board). Those features allow you to change the properties of all the zones.

Thanks for the assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back