Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PagePal and Merlin Magix 4.0 v7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvfrc183

Technical User
Mar 7, 2013
US
Hey everyone. I have a merlin magix system 4.0 v7. i am trying to add a PagePal connected to an amplifier to page in our warehouse. I am unsure how or even where to start on hooking it up. I assume i need to run a line from the PagePal to the system, but unsure if it should go to an extension or a line. Also, i am unsure of where the switch on the PagePal should be set. I would like to be able to page to the pagepal and over the mlx phones simultaneously. I have the PagePal hooked to the amp and i know that is working by testing the chime feature. Also, i would need to know where to program the system to add the pagepal. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone.

The first step for connecting a paging system to a Merlin Magix would be to obtain the documents for both pieces of equipment and getting familiar with everything.

With the Magix, you would option a port on an 800GS/LS-ID card as a page port, program paging buttons on the phone sets, connect the paging system to the Magix and enable the paging port in the Magix.

Obviously there are some intermediate steps, but this a rough list.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Actually it could be any card with an unused gs/ls port.
To setup paging port on magix
system program,
AuxEquipp
Ldspkr Pg,
dial line/ trunk no (your unused line port for example 801)
enter
back
back

Then to add a page button to a phone
Before doing this, print or look in cntrl programming to see what buttons are already programmed, Sys access, and line assignments are the only thing that won't be over written by add lines(normal or paging) to a phone.
system program
Extensions
Lines/trunks
dial extension number you want to program
Enter
entry mode
dial line/trunk no (same as what you used above)
back
back

as for pagepal, try this

When Linux is Free and Open, who needs Windows or Gates?

Okay i am able to page to the pagepal but it wont come over the mlx speakers. I was told there was a way to assign the loud spkr page and the phone page to a page groop and page to them both simultaneously.

It's done this way:

Release 2.2 and later, assign telephones and loudspeaker page ports to Paging Groups:

Extensions→ or More→Group Page→Dial Paging Group no.(ENTER THE PAGING GROUP NUMBER)

→Enter→THE EXTENSION OR LINE NUMBER,
Repeat as needed for additional Extensions. Back→Back

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Okay i will try that. Also, am trying to hook up the night ringer on the pagepal. Not sure how or where to hook it ip. I would like it and all the phones to ring all the time if possible.

Thanks for that link. Very informative. I am looking for a programming manual or guide foe Merlin Magix 4.0 but cant find anything on avayas website. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Avaya did not issue a programming guide per se for the R4 processor. The Feature Reference Guide for the R3 processor applies to the R4. A small guide was issued to cover the features new to the R4.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

[COLOR=][/color]So far everything is working. One more question i have is when i page another extension the phone on the other end auto mutes. So if i page the office, they have to go to the phone and unmute it before they can talk back. Is there any way to se them so if u page another extension, the mute is off and they can talk back without hitting anything?

Paging from one phone to another.............

Just use HFAI at the receiving phone and that will work.

Actually, everyone who wants to do such automatic talk back should keep their HFAI Button on.

HFAI means Hands Free Answer Intercom.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back