Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PageFrame & Memvar Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanmurphy

Technical User
Oct 14, 2000
Hello All,

I have a modal form with a 2-page pageframe and a Private Datasession. Each page contains a number of check boxes. All the check boxes use memvar variables scattered from a single file as their controlsource.

My problem is that the memvars for the check-boxes on page two keep disappearing from memory. When I suspend and check immediately after the scatter, they are there. But when I resume and check just after focusing on a combobox, the memvars associated with the fields on page 2 of the pageframe have disappeared. There is no code between the scatter and the setfocus to the combobox, and no code in the combobox either.

One clue I have is that if I move one of the check-boxes from page 2 to page 1 of the pageframe, that check-box works fine.

Does anyone know why those memvars are disappearing?

I wanted to restart this thread as I have inherited several VFP routines that were written in a 2.6 style where each of the entry fields on the page are memory variables.

The programs search for a form number in one table, scatter the record to memory and write the updates to a second table as a gather.

I have found that the same problem is occuring with the variables being unreferenced when I leave the event that scatters them.

Is there any way, other than specifing each field as public to keep the values in memory for the entire process?

I cannot use the target tables fields as the control source as the record is not created until the user selected to commit the entries to disk. Specifing the fields manually is a large undertaking as many supporting fields are carried over without being seen on screen.

Any suggestions are invited.
JB

Jonthan A Black

Use local views.

Look up tablebuffering.

There has not been a good reason to use scatter, gather with the possibile exception of scatter object., since version 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back