Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

~p Pause code not working in Vector. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilldibop

Technical User
Sep 15, 2009
GB
Recently had the firmware on our G450s/s8300 updated. Since the update a very important vector has stopped working. (literally life or death)

The user dials 2222 which kicks off vector 22 which is supposed to route to an analogue extension (3555)wait for the bleep system to pick up then enter the bleep group code 0010.
the vector looks as follows.

01 wait-time 1 sec hearing ringback
02 route-to number 3555~p0010 cov n if unconditionally
03 stop

for some reason the ~p doesn't work and when the paging system picks up you hear the PBX dial 0010 immediately. Putting in ~p~p it doesn't dial the 0010 bit at all.
This string is identical on a sister system (old G3siV11) and worked fine on this system until the upgrade (under SOPs it's tested daily.

Software version is R015x.02.0.947.3

Any ideas??

PJ

What firmware files were updated?
Was the update mandatory to fix something else?
Have you tried backing down to previous release?

I couldn't' say what files were updated as I wasn't present and the update was carried out by outsourced support to fix another issue.

I can't easily revert back the image as I don't have the facilities to do it myself and it's a long job which would require weekend work.
Is there not another method of getting the same end result I could use as a temporary fix?

I know that the miliseconds setting for pause in vectors can be set in the system-parameters feature. It's on page 11 in our system running 5.1 Ours is currently set to 70.

Adjusting this timer may help.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

Cheers, I'll try that.

Of course I'll have to check the other vectors don't have a ~p in else it might affect those adversely. But it sounds like a good workaround :)

All help much appreciated.

Have you tried ~w

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

yes I have tried ~w but the paging system doesn't actually generate a dial tone. It picks up and then gives a recorded message and you enter to code. So it just waits and waits for a dial tone that won't come.

I changed the pause timer, that didn't work it just didn't dial at all. I've changed it back to 70 as it was and it's still not dialling the digits after ~p at all now. Which is really odd as it WAS dialling them before just not waiting.

Have you done a list trace on the vector? What does it show?

- Stinney

LIST TRACE

time vec st data

16:20:11 0 0 ENTERING TRACE cid 471
16:20:11 22 1 vdn e2222 bsr appl 0 strategy 1st-found override n
16:20:11 22 1 route-to number 3555~p0010 cov n if unconditionally
16:20:11 22 2 LEAVING VECTOR PROCESSING cid 471
16:20:11 22 2 TRACE COMPLETE cid 471

That's how the List trace looks. It is seeing ~p0010 but it's not really doing much with it.

Possibly you are having the same issue as posted here?

thread690-1567423

- Stinney

That does seem quite similar. I'll see if I can get the guys that did the upgrade to give me all the details of the software and patches they applied. Though given how critical this vector dial is it's looking like until a patch is available a firmware roll back might be needed :(

Just to update, one of those patches WAS installed on the system and replacing it for an older one has resolved the issue. Many thanks Stinney for the link :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back