Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overutilized VM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
Version 8.1 Embedded, 6 VM Ports, 12 lines.

This customer has a high volume of calls for their size.
Not ready to make the investment into Preferred to get past 6 VM Ports.

All calls are answered by autoattendant.
I am trying to come up with a config to handle calls when VM ports are all in use.

I was thinking of something like this:
ICR-->AA / Huntgroup as Fallback with Queuing on and with overflow of 20 secs / Overflow Huntgroup with phantom user forwarding call back to AA.
This should give the VM 20 secs to free up a port but if no vm port is available after 20 secs I am guessing the call will die at the phantom user.

Maybe someone has a better solution?

And what if the AA has filled up again in the meantime?

Trolltunga 1

I simply would not bother trying to overflow the call back to the AA

If the system is getting that swamped that 6 channels cannot cope then you are probably best to have the calls remain at the hunt group. also check the AA is performing a blind transfer.

I would also suggest that this site needs to take a look at their operation procedures

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Holdmusic34 - I am guessing the call just gets dropped the second time it goes to VM and no open ports are available because there is no way to define a fallback. Not a perfect solution but more calls will get answered then otherwise would.

IPOTech2008 - I don't see the point to turning on queuing on the overflow group?

IPGuru - "also check the AA is performing a blind transfer", Why?. It is my understanding that both the "Normal Transfer" and "Transfer" actions are unsupervised transfers. Quite honestly I never understood why there were two different options for this or which one to use.

I thought that announcements used a VM port? If I just dump the calls into a group then wouldn't they just hear hold music? That might work if I have a recorded MOH with a message identifying the company but right now they just have music.

One last question, if I have the voicemail turned on for the group and voicemail timeout is reached and no VM port is available, what happens?

AA transfer
Avaya's docs are Poor on this
one is an assisted transfer the other is an unassisted transfer (& i can never remember which is which)

in answer to your last question
the call would remain in the queue until either an agent or a VM port became free.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I would route all calls to the main hunt group with an overflow to the auto-attd,besides people like speaking to a human being rather than a machine, other wise purchase voicemail pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back