Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overflow off premise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benefriend

Vendor
Oct 10, 2010
US
Does anyone know how I can overflow an ACD call off premise to a POTS line? Here's the premise....They want the 1st caller into the ACD group to go to (in-house) agent#1, then the next call to go to (in-house) agent#2, then if both agents are busy (on a call or in make busy mode) they want the next call transferred to a 3rd agent in another building (no tie lines between buildings).
Can this be done? If so, how?

If there are only two on-site agents and you want the third caller to go to another site and not queue up for the first two agents, then you do not want ACD.

What you want are two phones with two lines each and a HUNT to the off-site number.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

You want two people to take two calls. Then when they are busy or don't answer, the call should go off site. The solution to that is two phones, with two lines, and HUNT and FDN to the off-site number.

The question should be "Why would you want ACD?"

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

Well...here's the back story:

They started years ago with 9 ACD agents, the company whittled that down to 1 agent. So now, they want the 1 remaining agent to handle the first incoming call, then if she is busy or unavailable they want a clerical employee to take the second call. then...if neither of them is available they want the caller to go off prem and leave a message on the off prem vmail if that person is not available.

With your suggestion, if I put 2 lines on 2 phones and do the off premise Hunt/FDN, what happens to the callers that want to talk or leave a "personal" message for one or the 2 gals in the first location? Can I set up the 2 lines on the 2 phones in a seperate hunt group of some sort and still allow callers to the primary DN of the 2 gals in the 1st location to go to their own voice mail boxes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back