Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overflow calls not working on SCN 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chavz7796

Technical User
Apr 29, 2013
US
Hello Guys,

I have setup my first SCN. I am having issues with overflow calls reaching the remote site.
I have a total of 3 hunt groups. The first two hunt groups are local hunt groups and third hunt group contains extensions at the remote location as well as the extensions in the first two hunt groups.
It's setup in a way that calls come in and rings the main hunt group and overflows to Overflow billing that contains extensions that are in the main huntgroup as well. Than if the call is not answered it is overflowed to overflow remote that contains the other hunt group extensions and 2 extensions at the remote location.
The call never makes it to the remote location, it goes to the voice mail from what i can see in system status.

Thanks for the help in advance!

You put the second group in the wrong list, it goes in the initial groups overflow list not the second groups, this is standard programming though not SCN specific :)

It will never work - nothing to do with SCN and remote hunt groups.

Hunt group A can overflow to hunt group B but that's it - standard operation. You can't have A overflow to B and then overflow to C.

The solution is to make B sequential and add the members of C to the end of B (or create another group containing the members of B and C and use that for the overflow target).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

You can do it Sizbut, I think you're somehow confused/drunk :)

For multiple group overflows you put it all on the first group

Group A - Overflow - 15 seconds
Group B
Group C

This will overflow from A to B after 15 seconds, then to C after a further 15 seconds.

For more "complex" setups you could do;
Group B
Group B
Group C
Group D

If you wanted it to ring on group B for 30 seconds, then 15 on C you would set it up like this.

TO get it to work over SCN you have to make sure the Huntgroup on the remote system is set to "Advertise Group" on the main Group tab. You will then be able to choose this group as an overflow on the main systems overflow settings.

Hope this helps. Sorry if I COMPLETELY missed the point of what you were asking...

Sorry, to specify; the above Group layouts go in the Overflow > Overflow Group List of the huntgroup that the call first goes to.

You can do it Sizbut, I think you're somehow confused/drunk" - yes/no. A can overflow and then works through its overflow target list but that's it so the remote group has to be in A's list (yes, I did word it totally rubbish first time round but that's late night telly for you).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

OK, I figured out my problem with Overflow.
I need to apply all overflow groups to the main hunt group. Now the calls are being forwarded to the remote location.
I was setting up the overflow wrong.
No that I applied all the groups to the main hunt group it is working correctly.

Again, Thanks for the Help!!!!!!

It's easy to figure out when that's what we told you, you're quite welcome :)

Sorry for not replying, but I got it working. Thanks for the help!

Wouldn't hurt to star the guy who solved your issue in 2 minutes...Bloody quick if you ask me [smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back