Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outted Voicemail CDN by mistake 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITTech0315

IS-IT--Management
Sep 1, 2023
US
Hi all,

I'm very new to the Nortel PBX system and it's something that I had to teach myself recently because it was thrown on me. I haven't had to do anything super complicated and I mostly just out extensions and route them over to our Cisco system. We had a user who complained of getting a call from the same extension every morning at 1:22 am. I wasn't sure what this extension was but when I printed the details in LD 20 it showed as a CDN. I then proceeded to go into LD 23 and out the extension without realizing it was somehow tied to the voicemail system. So, is it possible to add that extension back/see how it was configured before? I'm completely new to this and many of our users have moved away from the PBX phones but I was hoping there is some kind of way to figure out how to get this extension configured like it was before.

Its the extension set for NCFW for the ACDN's

Thank you in advance!

It's going to be tricky, but try the following method.

First of all, find out the messaging DN. Often it was set as 7000,

If you have other CDN's that go into voicemail, then go into LD 23.

It's something like..

REQ PRT
TYPE CDN
CDN xxxx etc

Print off the results listed.

Then do in LD 23

REQ NEW
TYPE CDN
CUST 0
CDN xxxx
Press enter until you get to ACDN
Add in the messaging DN and press enter until you get to REQ.

Do a PRT on the CDN added in to compare it with the other one.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thank you! After trying to look for the messaging DN, it looks like it might have been the one that was outted. It shows in call piolet that the "voice messaging" number is 2551 (extension that was outted). It was configured in a CDN whenever I checked in ld 20 before outting. So, this brings up the question, how would I go about reconfiguring the messaging extension? Or would that be something pretty complicated?

Try printing the ACD queues in LD 23. Look for any that have MWC = YES. I'm fairly sure that this would be the messaging DN.

Try using the attached excel tool to parse any captured data into worksheets. There is one for ACD and CDN.

This should help you.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Great! Thank you! So it looks like the only ACD configured with MWC = YES is 4000.

Should I make a new CDN with 2551 and put 4000 as the ACDN?

Okay, after doing that I now get a busy sound when calling. Here's the CDN config. I didn't get prompted to put in an ACDN but I did put 4000 for the DFDN.

TYPE CDN
CUST 0
CDN 2551
FRRT
SRRT
FROA NO
UUI NO
MURT
DFDN 4000
CEIL 2047
OVFL NO
TDNS NO
RPRT YES
AACQ NO
CNTL NO
VSID
HSID

Heres the ACDN for 4000
TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 4000
MWC YES
IMS NO
MAXP 1
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT
SRRT
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 2551
FNCF NO
FORC NO
RTQT 0
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
RAO NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT
RTPC NO
STIO
TSFT 20
HOML YES
RDNA NO
NRAC NO
DAL NO
RPRT NO
RAGT 16
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100
IVR NO
OBSC NO
OBPT 0
CWNT NONE

The NCFW is set to 2551. 4000 was already configured before outting 2551 so wondering if it might be another extension that's the voice messaging DN?

OK. It's my error. The CDN of 2551 should point a messaging DN using the DFDN that's the Default Directory Number. It can't be 4000 as the ACD queue of 4000 already points to 2551 via the NCFW Night Call Forward Directory Number that kicks in when Call Pilot isn't available.

The problem is knowing what DFDN to add in against your CDN of 2551.

That CDN is probably an Application DN. This could be found if you have access to Call Pilot.

My only advice would be to obtain a DNB and TNB along with the current ACD and CDN in the conversion utility excel tool.

It will be a case of looking for extension or application numbers.

You originally mentioned that one extension was getting a call from another extension user at 01:22 each day.

This suggests some sort of time and day control DN that is configured?. It will be worthwhile looking at the call setup from the extension making the call. The TNB should help.

You might find that you have CDN's 2552, 2553 etc that have a DFDN sequence configured that follows a pattern and therefore you will know what 2551 DFDN might be?

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Okay, I think I got it! It looks like 3551 was the DFDN for 2551. The users are able to access their voicemails now. Thank you for your help!

Only just seen this but to be fair if you started at the Callpilot config and ran the config wizard and looked at the PABX config you could have got the messaging DN (the CDN to add back) and the TN's assigned to the channels (Cancel out the wizard before the end), in LD 20 prt the TNB of the channels would have given you the ACD Queue on key 0. add back the CDN and point to the ACD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back