Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outgrown Partner: Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petenutz

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2006
US
What are the options for an organization that has outgrown their Partner system? Is there a way to migrate system programing to something else that can handle at least 65 extensions? I can't seem to find specs for Partner II. Are Avaya Partner phones generally compatible with say...Magix?

Thanks!

Peter

partner phone are compatible with magix but with etr card

The Magix would be a fine choice if the organization wants to hold onto their Partner telephones. As liseanne said, 016ETR modules would be needed in order to connect the Partner phones to the Magix.

The buttons on the Partner phones will behave differently once they are connected to the Magix. The biggest hang-up is that Partner orientation is horizontally from bottom left to top right. Merlin orientation is vertically bottom left to top right. In addition, the status LEDs will behave differently with the Magix than they did with the Partner ACS.

Keep in mind that the Merlin Magix was discontinued by Avaya back in April 2006. While new hardware is pretty much gone at this point, there is a ton of high quality refurbished stock available for purchase. There are a lot of unused 4400 series digital phones still waiting for a good home! [thumbsup2]

Also, Don't plan on using the speaker phone in the Partner sets if you use ETR cards. The perform very poorly.

Now that Avaya has been sold is there any hope that Partner will be expanded with new software or enchanced voice amil features?

The Partner ACS's fate has been pretty much sealed.[cry]

As of now, 2010 will be the final year. My gut feeling is that the new owners may try to push that date up and end production sooner than that.

So to use a combination of about 55 Partner phones and analog phones they would need 4 etr modules? They have 11 lines. What card(s) would accomidate that? It looks like they'd need a second cabinet although I'm not sure how they connect. The only cards I know that provide lines are 412 TDL, does that mean they need 3 of those?

Thanks!
Peter

Yup. You will need (4) 016ETRs.

Your line options are:

1. (1) 800GS-LS/ID & (1) 412 TDL
2. (2) 800GS-LS/ID
3. (3) 412 TDL

The expansion cabinets connect via the edge connectors on each side panel. Normally each connectors is covered by a metal plate.

I know someone will correct me if i am wrong but I think the customer will want at least 1 Large display 4424LD Merlin Magix Phone for quick programming.

That's right.

The 4424LD is the non-computer based way to program the Merlin Magix. You would need to connect the 4424LD to a 412 TDL or a 024 TDL module.

Since an ETR phone is not eligible to be an Operator position as well, I would recommend a 412TDL card in the 1st slot, and a 4424LD+ phone with DSS for the Operator. Then 016ETR cards for the reused Partner phones. I can help you with a button layout for the phones that seems more "Partnerish", and seems to work well. The biggest hurdle will be getting them to get comfortable with Hybrid operation vs. Key sets.

Thanks for all the help you guys. So is this a viable configuration? Do you think there's enough power for this stuff? Do you think I can get away with a 4 port Messaging card with about 40 VM users?

Quantity Description URL

1 Merlin Magix 4.0 Control Unit 1 Magix Expansion Cabinet 1 Merlin Messaging 4.0 8 port 3 412 TDL Cards 4 016 ETR Cards 14 4412D+ Phones 1 442LD Phone

I don't need another processor with a second cabinet right?

Thanks again.
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back