Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing CLI from Alertsystem via SIP-Trunk over PRI (IP Office 500 V2) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSchmidtmann93

Systems Engineer
Mar 6, 2023
DE
Hello All,

I have the following problem, I have connected an alarm system to an IP-Office via SIP-Trunk.

IPO product version: Build 11.1.1.0 Build 18.
Physical IP Office 500 V2
IP-Office is connected to Audicode's gateway via a PRI interface.
All outgoing calls go through the PRI interface.
The extension number is always displayed.
(Short Code - 0N | Dial | NSiXXXXE)

So far so good. The alarm system dials any number, outgoing is always the head number displayed. Unfortunately I can't manage to assign a fixed CLI to all calls coming to the IP-Office via the SIP-Trunk and going to external via the PRI.

Step-by-step scenario of the problem
The alarm system is connected to IP-Office via SIP trunk 18.
From external I call the alarm system with XXXXX XXX - E, then I can enter and confirm my ID. After that the alarm system dials via SIP-Line --> IP-Office --> PRI to external - the phone number stored in the alarm system.

Calls from the alarm system to IP-Office are forwarded via
"Forwarding incoming calls" - line group number = 18 - incoming call number = * - destination = . - via function code 0N (dial - call number = NSiXXXXXE) to external.

Problem (as described above): The call of the alarm system to external is displayed only with the head number XXXXX XXX - 0 - but here the XXX (extension) should be displayed.

I hope you understand what I mean - I have already tried it with different prefixes and with ARS, but unfortunately so far no suitable solution found...

I would be very happy about any help.

Thanks a lot!

"Forwarding incoming calls" - line group number = 18 - incoming call number = * - destination = . - via function code 0N (dial - call number = NSiXXXXXE) to external.

the problem is that there is no extension as it is an incoming call on your SIP trunk outgoing on your PRI so the system doesn't know what to use as Ext.

I don't know a solution for this but maybe you can enter the complete caller ID in the alarm system and then it should just pass it through. Try to use it with a N as calling number on the PRI and not adjusting the caller ID.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

a simple option is to create another shortcode for outdialing that specifies a fixed CLI
for example
9N
tel no NSi<wanted CLI>
feature dial
& then just ensure the alarm system uses a 9 prefix for dialing.

or if the number called as known

SC:<Destination>
TN:.Si<required CLI>

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

Hello all,

thanks for the information and food for thought, I have now solved it as follows.

Shortcode created
9N | Dial | NSiXXXXX950 | 0

Then in the alarm system when dialing just enter 90xxx instead of 00xxx.
And the desired phone number of 9N is displayed.

Ticket can be closed.

Many announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back