Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outgoing calls caller ID displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jims5650

MIS
Dec 12, 2005
Currently when a phone number is called the person receiving the call see a 10 digit phone number. Where is that changed to display the 10 digit number and company name?

Thanks in advanced

An ISDN PRI from At&t I changed the short code (9)1n; from a 10 digit number to a 9 digit number and had the user call me it displayed the 9 digit number. Then I added the company name and the 10 digit number the call didn't go through. Can a name be added after the 10 digit number?

thanks

Caller ID Name Display is a service of your telco. You should contact AT&T to set this on the PRI. Your PBX can be set to display any number, but the telco is responsible for changing the CLID # into a name. When your PBX switch sends out a number, the remote telephone company is responsible for looking up the name of the subscriber in a common database. I think the limit is 15 charaters as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back