Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing caller ID 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbusy

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
Our company is using an Avaya IP403 phone system connected to the BT network on 3 ISDN2e lines. We have one main number for our office into which general enquiries are routed via a receptionist. Everyone has their own DDI number.
I would like to stop the individual DDI numbers from being passed on when external calls are made. Ideally I would like the all outgoing calls to be appear to have come from our main number, but if thats not possible then I would settle for no outgoing ID at all.
Can anyone tell me if this is something I can achieve through a setup change on the IP403, or if I should be talking to BT. I know in the past I have achived the same thing with NTL by asking them to brand all outgoing calls with a single CLID.

Assuming no LCR or other changes to the default ShortCodes make the following change

ShortCode:- ?
Telephone number .S<required number>
feature dial

If anyone does require a personal CLI this cna be added ito the users ShortCode tab

I have exactly the same problem but dont find this reply very useful- can anyone please help.

you need to change your short code to specify the number to be sent as the outbound cli.

this is done by adding the character S followed by the required number into the telephone number field of the ShortCode - for example modifying the default short code to dail out as follws

ShortCode :- ? (? means anything dialed that does not match any other short code or ect number)
Telephone Number :- .S012345678901
Feture Dial

explanation:-
. (dot) eveything dialed by the user
S - set the outbound CLI
012345678901 - the cli to be presented

Another usefull character is W - this marks the CLI as Withheled

It is also posible to add these short codes into an individual useres short code list to override the system operation when req.

I’ve needed the same thing on PRI’s(not ISDN)off of a 5ESS and a DMS100 and my carrier made the changes.

I use the following shortcode that works:

Shortcode: [9]1N;
Telephone: Ns1xxxxxxxxxx
Line: 1(our PRI)
Feature: Dial3k1

When calling out now, it sends out our main number (represented by the xxxxxxxxxx).

I have in my Office IP 403 DT with 20 DDI Number. We have one carier number 2333 740, and DDI Number 740-760. When I configure Incoming call Route with incoming number 742 than the men which I call see the number 2333 740, but when I in Incoming call route configure 2333 742 then he can see my number 2333 742.

I hope that this will help.

I have a customer with an IP403 with pri and I set the caller ID outbound as the main number. The number works fine however the owner is complaining that on his old system with verizon analog lines the name used to come up on his cell phone when the office called him. Is there any way to modify the caller id name.

Brad

The IP Office can manipulate the number, it is up to the provider to add the name if it is available. He could program their main number into his cellphone and then it would recognize it when they called him. Otherwise, you will need to check with the provider. Depending upon how the pri is configured, National or custom, it may or may not be an option. National PRI's can support name/number, Custom PRI's only support number.

Thanks that makes sense they are using an integrated pri getting voice and data over the same circuit.

Hi IPGuru,

Any idea where a list of such wildcards, ie s to send and w to withold can be obtained. Have been using the s.** code for a while but the w.** would have saved me a bit of time.

Thanks, Scott.

The help files built into the manager gives a list of all the available characters.

I may come as a supprise to engineers familiar with other Avaya products But the IPO help files are actualy quite usefull :)

I have looked in manager help files and can only find a list of about 5. Any ideas which help files to look in? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back