Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUTDIAL FROM UNIFIED MESSAGING

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevpd

Programmer
Nov 6, 2007
US
I RECENTLY UPGRADED A BCM50 AND THE CUSTOMER CAN NO LONGER DIAL OUT FROM HIS OUTLOOK. IT IS SET TO ROUTE WITH NO NUMBERS IN THE SPACE NEXT TO IT. HIS CLASS OF SERVICE IS SET TO 3 WITH OUTDIAL ENABLED. HE ALSO HAS AN EXPRESS MESSAGING LINE # FILLED IN FOR HIS FAXES. I CANT SEEM TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

1. Check that the VM DNs still have access to the line pools

2. Check the restriction filters for the VM DNs

I believe dialing from outlook requires a lan/cte client. When you upgraded there is probably a new client that needs to be installed.

No lan cte needed it should be use dest code and number and allow outdial. Try deleting the MB and rebuild.

I have deleted the mailbox and recreated it and the same issue is happening. He is unable to dial out from Outlook. Are there any settings that i could be missing for this to do so?

When you mean dial from outlook, are you referring to sending faxes or clicking to call from contacts ?

Lan cte is required to use outlook dialing option.

You need the PC machine name or Ip address or domain/user account
You need to add this to the BCM lan cte list and assign the extn number they will dial from.

then you download lan cte from the bcm and run it.
reboot the pc.

The bcm will then look up its lancte list for the computer name and associated extn number.

you then open outlook and select the dialing properties and set it for your local area code.assign the pool code eg9 for Local calls out.

The you select the dialing options to select the line out.
eg john extn 233 which should be in the dropdown menu.

if the lan cte has detected the pc then the extn you assigned should show up in the list.
if it does not the check the bcm to see if you have correctly assigned the machine name.

you also need to correctly format the number being dialed.
Uk would be (0289)123456. (0771)123456

Look at the lancte installation guide it shows you how to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back