Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Caller ID by Extension Only working for Prime Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkland

MIS
Dec 4, 2009
US
I have a 20000 IPS and a collections dept that wants to choose what caller ID to send out depending on what state they are calling to. There are 4 states each with a different Toll Free number that they want to send. In 5005 I added the numbers. THe prime line for their phone is 2211. I made 4 virtual extensions 1465 - 1468 and added them as line keys on their Dterm 16 phones.

CM1325>2211:1- set same for each virtual extension.
CM1213>2211:04 04 is local number 305947XXXX in 5005

CM1325>1465:07 07 is toll free for state 888994XXXX in 5005

If they choose the line key for 1465 and dial out the caller ID sent is for prime line 305947XXXX.

If I set Prime Line to None. The caller ID when they choose 1465 line key is the number sent by carrier.

How can I accomplish what I need to accomplish or can I?

I've been mulling this one over and the first thing you will have to do is contact your carrier and find out if this will be allowed, I have my doubts! You haven't mentioned what you have set in Cmd 1212 for the virtuals, could this be the problem?

1212 is set to none. Yes carrier accepts caller id from us. With Prime line I can send any number and can change it to what I want it to send. If I send nothing the carrier sends a local DID number we have.

Check command 1355, and verify that you have software version 3600 or higher.
3600 is L in CMD F85>FF03,4,5.

The thing that made me doubt it would work was that some years ago I was doing a switch of carrier and the new carrier wanted a test call from an extension in each of the hundred ranges that the customer had (three hundred extensions) so by way of a cheat I programmed three different numbers onto keys on a Dterm and used them, the test failed! I can't remember what the problem was but when I made the test calls from physical extensions it worked!

It appears Belvedere is suggesting that it may be a software issue but I can't confirm or contradict that so I bow to his position!

Not sure how to read it. I come from Nortel and Avaya.

F85>FF03
F85>FF03:p1
F85>FF04
F85>FF04:0001
F85>FF05
F85>FF05:04

1355 was set to 1 for each extension. From looking at the command manual I need to set it to 0?

P1 is the latest and last software level (3900). See if setting 1355 to a 0 helps. The only other thing I can think of is the firmware level on the PRI cards. However, most of those enhancements were made for CID names.

I have some things in mind but so far only the caller id for the prime line goes out. I can change the prime line all day to anything I want and it will send out the called id. If I choose the virtual line and call out the prime line caller id goes out. In Zeacom I see the call going out and it shows 2211:1466. I will keep you updated.

The SV8300 version R5 manual lists the application that you want. However, the commands used are also listed in the last IPS manual as well. Try commands 1246 and 1247. They are identified as ISDN/SIP applications, but it may still work. Those commands refer to 1212 and 1213.

Still no luck. Have tried all variations. Still only sends caller id of prime line.

I should not say Prime Line since I changed the Prime line to the virtual station and the caller ID still sent what was assigned to 2211 the regular extension.
Which brings up another question. I removed the 2211 station key and left only the virtual one. When I looked in Zeacom it still showed as 2211:1466 to dial out. How does the NEC keep that information if 2211 does not exist on the phone. memory for the LEN?

Yes, it follows the assignment in the LENs programming, CMD 14. At this point I would have to consult with NEC NTAC on the issue.

Parkland

You are experiencing the same as I did and I'm not sure there is a way round it!

Belvedere

Might I suggest that TAC might not appreciate their assistance being passed on to users!

NTAC will not provide support to end users, or anyone that is not an authorized dealer. If the feature is that important then my suggestion is to turn it over to your NEC vendor. Let them sort it out with NTAC.

Ok, Thank you for your help. I will open a ticket with vendor. At least now I can turn it into a repair rather than a MAC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back