Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

out of office doesnt always run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrober

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2005
US
anyone have problems with this? we have random users who at times enable their out of office agent. Sometimes it runs, sometimes it doesnt.

occasionally it flips an error on the domino server.

any ideas?

We used to have this problem in my org too until I realized that some of the users who were having problems with the OOO agent, their template was signed by an admin who had left the company and hence was not in the NAB.

One way to resolve this is by signing all the agents in all templates that you have in your org. with a secured ID. Preferably this ID should not be a person but one that you use to sign agents, deploy apps and has all the necessary access and also listed in the ECL.

And the users should have the the right to run these agents on the server, just in case the security could be slightly to rigid...

Brgds,

TrooDOS

which domino version are you running , I had this issue with 6.5.3, need to upgrade to 6.5.4 which solved it

We have this issue all the time! Go into the agent properties of the out of office agent and check the schedule - you may find that the server set is either 'Local' or 'Common Name/OU2/OU1/O' in which case it's not set to run on the server.

We are having this problem too. I am newbe to Lotus Notes so forgive me for this question...

How do I do this?

Go to agent properties of the out of office agent and check the schedule

open the specific mailbox with the problem
go to file -> database -> properties -> fourth tab
there you can find the name of the template.

open this template (on the server!) in lotus notes designer
in the left plane in the designer you find something like shared code -> agents . klick on it.

on the left side you find the out of office agent.
double click on the out of office agent.
then a new window shows the properties of this agent

you find a section runtime with a button shedule.
make the changes and save it to the template.

a next thing to do :

open ln-administrator go to configuration file of the mail server and check that the */DOMAIN is in the group of run restricted java scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back