Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPX"s on 2 Partner Systems / Need Help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrickamp222

Vendor
May 8, 2006
US
If anyone has hooked up a couple of Partner sys. on OPX's I would appreciate your help. Please explain what opx box you used and the hardwire and programing involved. I was told that the 122A Off-Premises Range Extender will work. If this is true what is the proper install of the 122A from each system thru the MPOE's. Also any programing of the station extension on each 122A. Thanks in Advance! ( And where can I find 2 of the 122a range extender. ) The systems are about 1/4 mi. apart. And the OPX's are from AT&T, Dry pairs.

both times used the Partner off prem range extenders, from the partner station. a d8w line cord to the extender ,set the distance with the switches , their use to be a sticker on the front of the unit for the settings, from the opx to the D'marc one ocassion sent from the opx, along at that time GTE to analog phones a bout 3/4 mile down the road, another time went with a OL13C circut about 10 miles to line ports at a remote Partner, what you program at the Partner Station is what is sent or used

try using google search, using Partner OFF Prem Range Extenders

Thanks for input. I have that right protocol on the dry pairs from MPOE to MPOE from AT&T. My question is: say if I put x-33 into the Range Extender to the MPOE to MPOE and in a line port on the other system, what is the process of calling the other system? Do you call x-33 on the first system and it rings a line port on the other? or is it a path to call any extension on system at the other side? Thanks again!

you call X33 , the line port will ring whatever is programed onX33 , at the remote they can press the line , and call anyone at the main extensions,stations

I Still do not understand fully. At site A I intercom x-33 and it calls site B line port. Where does it appear on the phones at site B? as a line on their phones or as a intercom path to call any extension? Thanks!

Get TWO OPX's, run a station without any lines assigned to a CO port of the opposite system, for both sites.

When you go off hook on that particular line, you will get Intercom Dial-Tone from the other system, and you can simply dial the other side's extensions.

If you only have one OPX, one side works this way, and the other side dials the extension OPXed to the other side, where it rings like an incoming call. Someone will need to answer it and transfer it, unless you also have an Auto Attendant available.

Thanks! If anyone has or can find 2 of the 122A range extenders please email. Or any that will work on new Partner system.

Does anyone know the difference between a 122A, 122B & 122C off premises range extender? Cannot find a 122A yet but can find 122B & C. thanks!

I just recieved two 122a range extenders. I printed out the manual but still do not know exactly which way to install. Do I set it up as Remote Station or DISA? On site A do I come out of a line port ( that is programed on a phone ) to the MPOE to the other MPOE at site B, into the OUT modular of the 122a & the IN modular to the Extension Port. From site A I access my line port and I get intercom from site B to call any Site B phone? Thanks for any input in advance!

from your main site A ,D8w cord from extension to remote unit comp , out to MPOE along telephone company lines to MPOE of far end MPOE to line port of other Partner B
THE REMOTE RANGE EXTENDER IS ALWAYS USED FROM THE SENDING PARTNER .

So I hook up an extension port with no lines programed at site A, Into the input of the 122A, from the output to the MPOE.From site B MPOE to a Line Port. Program a line on a phone, access the line at site B and get intercom tone from site A? and I can intercom any phone at site A? Thanks in Advance!

Installed the 2 range extenders this morning, worked great!!!
Thanks to all for input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back