Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optivity Telecom Manager (OTM) "Retrieve All" issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanvaljean

Vendor
Sep 20, 2008
US
OTM was recently reinstalled due to a PC failure. New PC is Windows XP, OTM is installed, and basically working but it will not successfully do the "ld 20, prt, tnb, rtn, rtn, rtn, etc. to execute a "Retrieve All" so that Station Administration could be used.

It does actually connect to the switch (Rls 3 Opt 11C Cabinet) via IP - not via modem (so modem scripts do not apply, right???)

Also you can open the "ystem window" in the OTM and have the 'above and below' dialogue windows so you can act on the switch from the OTM PC.

But so far it will not do the necessary 'Retrieve All'; again, it connects, but doesn't carry out the PRT, TNB, etc.

What am I missing here??

thanks

So you have added the Site and System and put in the required log in information for that system? Correct? I believe OTM has a dongle, did you move it to the new PC? There are probably patches for the OTM also, what release is the OTM?

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes to the dongle, OTM is working on the PC. Dongle was transferred.

You can log into it, access the System Window/Overlay Pass Thru successfully.

You can ping back and forth successfully between the PBX, the OTM, and the Call Pilot - no problem with connectivity.

Site and system are built.

It's when you log into the OTM and choose Station Administration that it fails.

While watching the PBX monitor (VT520) you can actually see the OTM log in, but then it just sits there. It should be scripting in the following: LD 20, PRT, TNB, etc. This is what is not happening. If it did happen the pbx would print the full TNB which would give the OTM its system database (pbx information) so that the local users could then resume making routine changes, name changes, etc.

This system is connected via elan with no clan interface at all[/b]; it has worked for several years in this configuration. The only thing that changed was that the original OTM pc crashed and was replaced with another Windos XP pc (I am assuming that XP is ok for the OTM). Anyway, OTM was reinstalled, the site and system parameters were set up, you can ping and connect; ...you just cannot get the Station Admin/Retrieve all to work. Where do you tell it to "LD 20, then respond to REQ with PRT, and respond to TYPE with TNB, etc. etc. that's what is missing.

thanks again for your quick response.

Did you retrieve the system data from the PBX into OTM prior to trying to retrieve all? It's one thing to define your system but it's another to sync it to the PBX.

Nodal is spot on, the customer information has to be retrieved first.

[bigears][bigears]Thank you Nodal and KCFLHRC!! No - I did not. I just installed the site and system data and then tried to run Station Administration. As the OTM had no customer information, I tried to 'Retrieve'.

So how do I retrieve the data and get them synch'd??

Very grateful for the help with this. You're the first guys I've found who really get the issue. I'm all ears - that is eyes!

Thanks again.

I think you have to actually build the customer information by hand under the System. Pretty straight forward though. Pretty much tell it you are using customer 0 and that's about it.

Sorry to be delayed in my response, my time got redirected there for a while, but back to the OTM subject I think I misunderstood what you meant by Retrieving System Data: I actually do have the system options, Customer 0, numbering plan, software options, etc. (at least I think I have that all complete - I'll go back there and confirm)

But basically, what you are saying is that that page must be configured before the Retrieve All can actually work - right?

So once those options are set, assuming that they still need to be set, will the OTM just automatically synch up with the Opt 11, or will I need to initiate the Retrieve All again??

thanks very much for your input.

You will need to initiate it again unless it's done through a schedule.

thanks - very grateful for the help. This is a remote site with no remote access - I'll get back to you when I can get there and try it.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back