Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

option 11C COT Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelvoip

Technical User
May 26, 2010
US
Hello,

First off I apologize in advance for the long post.

I am a telephone system enthusiast and have installed a few telephone systems in my home (including an NEC Aspire, Avaya Partner, Avaya Merlin Legend, Norstar 3X8, and a Mitel SX-200 although I should note all of these are now in storage). Recently I came accross a deal for a used option 11c with all kinds of extra parts.

I have the system setup (mg1000 with a SSC, SDI/DCH Card, Digital Line Card, MC-32 card and universal trunk card)

I have the DLC setup with 3 extensions setup (1 m3904 and 2 m2616) and they all work great.

My problem is with the Universal trunk card. I have 1 CO Trunk from ATT and 2 Trunks coming off of a Cisco SPA8000 SIP Gateway that goes to an Asterisk PBX that has SIP trunks on it. I have gone through and setup BARS as best as I can, however, before we even get into BARS I am wondering if I have a defective Universal trunk card. I setup the the 3 trunks each with its own route (for testing purposes so each would have its own ACOD) and I cannot get dial tone on any of the trunks.

I setup the trunks originally as supervised but could not seize any of them. I then set them to unsupervised so I could see if I could hear audio.

Once I did that I could hear a very light buzz on the line after dialing the ACOD of each trunk and if I called the trunk you could hear a light ringing (like a butt set ring) in the handset but again I couldn't get it to ring the DN it is programmed to.

Again I'm just wondering if I have a defective trunk card or if my programming is in correct.

Thanks in advance!

If you set the Route and COT Trunk with all the defaults - just respond to those that won't let you pass them by - that is all you need to get a COT line set up.

We can't see if your programming is correct.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

I have tried creating the new trunks with all defaults and am still unable to get dial tone.

Below please find my route programming for 2 of the 3 trunks.

Code:
REQ: prt
TYPE: tnb
TN   4 0 0 0
DATE 
PAGE 
DES  

DES  
TN   004 0 00 00 
TYPE COT 
CDEN 8D
CUST 0 
XTRK XUT 
TIMP 600 
BIMP 3COM
TRK  ANLG
NCOS 0 
RTMB 2 1 
ATDN 6000
SIGL LOP 
SUPN NO  
AST  NO  
IAPG 0 
CLS  UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD 
     P10 NTC 
TKID 
DATE 26 AUG 2014 

NACT 
TYPE: tnb
TN   
CSA001 9   1:22:30 27/08/2014   4  
4 0 0 1
DATE 
PAGE 
DES  
DES  
TN   004 0 00 01 
TYPE COT 
CDEN 8D
CUST 0 
XTRK XUT 
TIMP 600 
BIMP 3COM 
TRK  ANLG
NCOS 0 
RTMB 1 1 
ATDN 6000
SIGL LOP 
SUPN NO  
AST  NO  
IAPG 0 
CLS  UNR DIP WTA LPR APN THFD 
     P10 NTC 
TKID 
DATE 26 AUG 2014 

NACT 
REQ: 

TYPE: rdb

CUST 0

ROUT 1

TYPE RDB  
CUST 00 
DMOD 
ROUT 1 
DES  
TKTP COT 
NPID_TBL_NUM   0
PRIV NO  
SAT  NO  
RCLS EXT 
VTRK NO  
DTRK NO  
PTYP ACO 
AUTO YES 
ICOG IAO 
RANX NO  
SRCH LIN 
TRMB YES 
STEP 
ACOD 3701
CPP  NO  
TARG 01 
CLEN 1 
BILN NO
OABS 
TIMR ICF  512 
     OGF  512 
     EOD  13952 
     DSI  34944 
     NRD  10112 
     DDL  70 
     OOD  1 
     ODT  4096 
     RGV  640 
     FLH  510 
     GRD  896 
     SFB  3 
     CRD  512 
     TFD  0 
     LEXT  100 
SST  3 0 
NEDC ETH 
FEDC ORG 
CPDC NO  
SPCT IMM 
HOLD 02 02 40 
SEIZ 02 02 
RGFL 02 02 
RVSD 08 31 
ILLR 02 02 
DRNG NO  
CDR  NO  
MUS  NO  
MR   NO
MANO NO  
EQAR NO  
TTBL 0 
ATAN NO  
OHTD NO  
PLEV 2 
MCTS NO  
ALRM NO  
ART  0 

PAGE 002 

SGRP 0 
AACR NO

TYPE: rdb

CUST 0

ROUT 2

TYPE RDB  
CUST 00 
DMOD 
ROUT 2 
DES  
TKTP COT 
NPID_TBL_NUM   0
PRIV NO  
SAT  NO  
RCLS EXT 
VTRK NO  
DTRK NO  
PTYP ACO 
AUTO YES 
ICOG IAO 
RANX NO  
SRCH LIN 
TRMB YES 
STEP 
ACOD 7200
CPP  NO  
TARG 01 
CLEN 1 
BILN NO
OABS 
TIMR ICF  512 
     OGF  512 
     EOD  13952 
     DSI  34944 
     NRD  10112 
     DDL  70 
     OOD  3 
     ODT  4096 
     RGV  640 
     FLH  510 
     GRD  896 
     SFB  3 
     CRD  512 
     TFD  0 
     LEXT  100 
SST  3 0 
NEDC ETH 
FEDC ORG 
CPDC NO  
SPCT IMM 
HOLD 02 02 40 
SEIZ 02 02 
RGFL 02 02 
RVSD 08 31 
ILLR 02 02 
DRNG NO  
CDR  NO  
MUS  NO  
MR   NO
MANO NO  
EQAR NO  
TTBL 0 
ATAN NO  
OHTD NO  
PLEV 2 
MCTS NO  
ALRM NO  
ART  0 

PAGE 002 

SGRP 0 
AACR NO

REQ:

Thanks again in advance!

Start by taking the TARG out of the RDB

ld 16
chg
rdb
TARG x01

depending on the barring at least you'll be able to dial the acod

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

I did that and I am able to dial the ACOD (but I was able to do that before). My problem is when it seizes the line there is no dial tone.

what pairs do you have the trunks punched down to? There is a 600 & 900 ohm pair for each trunk port.

I'm not in front of it so I would have to look but I know that 4 0 0 0 is punched on the Blue/Wht pair. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the universal trunk cards?

Have you put a test set on the incoming trunk to make sure you have dialtone from the provider ?

Yes there is dial tone coming from all 3 trunks. I have used a test set and even hooked them up to my Mitel SX-200 and they work great. That is why I am so confused.

On the trunk card, you want to wire every other pair... so for example, TN 4 0 0 0 would be pair 1 (white/blue), 4 0 0 1 pair 3 (white/green), etc... up to pair 15.

Go into LD 21, at REQ type LTM and hit enter all the way through. Let's see what you have there.

Code:
REQ: 

REQ LTM
CUST 

CUST 00 

TYPE TLST 
TKTP COT 
ROUT 1 
DES  
TN  004 0 00 01 MBER  1  

TYPE TLST 
TKTP COT 
ROUT 2 
DES  
TN  004 0 00 00 MBER  1  

TYPE TLST 
TKTP COT 
ROUT 4 
DES  MAJIC
TN  004 0 00 07 MBER  1

Your programming looks correct. Assuming you have your trunk card wired up correctly - I'm thinking you may have a bad card.

Opt 11c.
Universal trunk card - Depending on what they used the trunk card for before it may have some option strap changes from regular LS/GS trunk use. Most MUS RAN Ports would normally be CP (Continuous play) with default strapping; however, other RAN Ports may have been used with PS LR NO (Pulse Start, Level Return, Normally Open)for RAN start/stop signalling with an Interalia or other RAN type device.

Also, when configuring the card we noted that once programmed on a 61C it worked but until a INI was done on the 11C the straping options didn't take.)
Standard CO strap option

J1.x off, J2.x off, J3.x 1-2 and J4.x 1-2
For the NT8D14BB (Release 10 and higher) card, J4.X is not provided on the card. The J4.X
jumper setting specified in Table 8 does not apply.

KE407122

"The phone was working fine before it knocked over my coffee.

Thanks KE407122! I will have to look at that when I get home later. Can you tell me how to do an INI?

Thanks!

In the SSC card in slot 0 - just push the INI button.

Well its been a crazy wekkend! Just now getting around to looking at this again. I changed the jumpers to the correct setting and did an ini and I still cannot get dial tone. I'm beginning to think this must just be a bad card.Any other thoughts of something it could be?

Thankyou all again for your assistance with this!

A bad card is a bad card... for us field service guys, we just replace them. You can get them for under $50 used.

In Ld 32 - STAT the card and the port and check results - you want to see IDLE for the card and ports.
STAT 004 0 0 ?
STAT 004 0 0 0?
STAT 004 0 0 1?

KE407122

"The phone was working fine before it knocked over my coffee.

Well I got a new card in yesterday and shutdown the system and put it in. It is doing the same thing. The only think that I can think of now is that there has to be something weird in the programming.

Any idea's?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back