Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

option 11C COT Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelvoip

Technical User
May 26, 2010
US
Hello,

First off I apologize in advance for the long post.

I am a telephone system enthusiast and have installed a few telephone systems in my home (including an NEC Aspire, Avaya Partner, Avaya Merlin Legend, Norstar 3X8, and a Mitel SX-200 although I should note all of these are now in storage). Recently I came accross a deal for a used option 11c with all kinds of extra parts.

I have the system setup (mg1000 with a SSC, SDI/DCH Card, Digital Line Card, MC-32 card and universal trunk card)

I have the DLC setup with 3 extensions setup (1 m3904 and 2 m2616) and they all work great.

My problem is with the Universal trunk card. I have 1 CO Trunk from ATT and 2 Trunks coming off of a Cisco SPA8000 SIP Gateway that goes to an Asterisk PBX that has SIP trunks on it. I have gone through and setup BARS as best as I can, however, before we even get into BARS I am wondering if I have a defective Universal trunk card. I setup the the 3 trunks each with its own route (for testing purposes so each would have its own ACOD) and I cannot get dial tone on any of the trunks.

I setup the trunks originally as supervised but could not seize any of them. I then set them to unsupervised so I could see if I could hear audio.

Once I did that I could hear a very light buzz on the line after dialing the ACOD of each trunk and if I called the trunk you could hear a light ringing (like a butt set ring) in the handset but again I couldn't get it to ring the DN it is programmed to.

Again I'm just wondering if I have a defective trunk card or if my programming is in correct.

Thanks in advance!

Tried switching slots tonight with the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back