Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11c and Polycom SoundStation2 Problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecLambyUK

Technical User
Dec 12, 2003
GB
Hi guys,

I have 3 different polycom soundstation2 direct connect phones which are the digital phones designed to work with the Meridian systems.

I have set up one of them on a TN on my Option 11c as a M2616 with a SCR number of 3xxx etc.

The phone display is fine and presents a dial tone and I can succesfully make a call to another phone. The problem comes when the call ends. On the Soundstation, I press the disconnect button and the display shows as call ended. However, if i then press the button again as if to make another call, the previous call which I thought had been disconnected is still active!

Basically, we cannot disconnect from any calls without physically power cycling the sound station. Anybody know what the issue is here or what I can check?

I have tried all 3 of our new phones and they all do the same thing so its unlikely all 3 are faulty. I have tried a different TN on the meridian and a different floor socket etc

Regards
John

Do you have LDTA in the class of service, that may do the trick

You may want to check the Polycom documentation.

We use Polycom's at The City, but we have three types, wireless Digital and two types of Analog. We have not experianced this problem yet.

Good Luck
L.A. CityTech

Thanks guys....

pbxn, can you go into a bit more detail on your reply please?

What is LDTA?

Line disconnect tone allowed. Sometimes analog lines off the switch need this setting in the class of service to allow for proper call disconnection. Items like IVRs and VRUs sometimes need this turned up because the dialogic cards they use need it. It basically prevents the line from just hanging.
You can make the change in ld 20

Thanks pbxn.

The phone I have is digital and its installed on a digital port on the Meridian. Will this LDTA still be applicable in that case?

After you release the phone, do a LD 80 trak xx xx on the TN and see what the system say's is happining.

It says...

It shows the following....

TN 007 0 00 09
KEY 0 SCR MARP ACTIVE TN 007 0 00 09

ORIG TN 007 0 00 09 KEY 0 SCR MARP CUST 0 DN 2601 TYPE 2616
TERM TN 001 20 DID RMBR 110 20 OUTGOING TRUNK CALL
DIAL DN 907764xxxxxx
MAIN_PM ESTD
TALKSLOT ORIG 19 TERM 19
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU NONE
CALL ID 0 1357

---- ISDN PRA CALL (TERM) ----
CALL REF # = 18617
BEARER CAP = VOICE
HLC =
CALL STATE = 10 ACTIVE
CALLING NO = 2601 NUM_PLAN:E164 TON:UNKNOWN ESN:UNKNOWN
CALLED NO = 07764xxxxxx NUM_PLAN:E164 TON:UNKNOWN ESN:UNKNOWN

KEY 1 NUL IDLE
KEY 2 NUL IDLE
KEY 3 AO3 IDLE
KEY 4 NUL IDLE
KEY 5 NUL IDLE
KEY 6 TRN IDLE
KEY 7 NUL IDLE
KEY 8 NUL IDLE
KEY 9 NUL IDLE
KEY 10 NUL IDLE
KEY 11 NUL IDLE
KEY 12 NUL IDLE
KEY 13 NUL IDLE
KEY 14 NUL IDLE
KEY 15 NUL IDLE

As requested...

Thanks, John

REQ: prt
TYPE: tnb
TN 7 9
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES 007000
TN 007 0 00 09
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
SCPW
SFLT NO
CAC_MFC 0
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD ADD HFA
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
ABDD DELD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD
UDI RCC HBTD AHD IPND DDGA NAMA MIND PRSD NRWD NRCD NROD
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
FDSD NOVD CDMR
CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT
CSDN
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 2601 0 MARP
03 AO3
06 TRN
DATE 23 OCT 2006

Check in your documentation to see what type of phone you are supposed to be programming it as. Also check to see if HFA is required to be programmed on the phone. The phone system could just be seeing your hangup as a request to MUTE the call.

The documentation says to create it as a M2616 which I have done.

What is the HFA? It has been a while since I had to actually program anything on this system even though I was qualified in Meridian administration!

In the class of service...

HFA/HFD
Handsfree Allowed/Denied

Could be that the polycom does the handsfree for you as opposed to switch programmming.

Have tried the phone with hands free on and off. Both of them give the same result.

This may be a dumb question...

But have you tried to replace the polycom with a regular 2616 to see if the problem remains there. It could possibly be a noisy cable pair.

Not a dumb question at all. As I said though, I have tried a different polycom phone in a different port in a completely different office, and it did the same thing using the same configuration.

I was using a Polycom Soundstation 500D conference phone in an exec conference room and I ended up replacing it with a 3904 with a Full Duplex adapter. We experienced several problems with the digital Polycom, including sometimes not able to get dialtone, operator issues, problems setting up conference calls, display not a "true" CLID / Name display.

Now the analog Polycom, thats a different matter. I've had one of these on an analog port for years with no issues.

How about checking disconnect supervision on the trunks, might not be a phone problem

Problem: I have an analog attached but digitaly displaying wireless polycom set which fails to do call conferencing.

Question:What codes do I run in Option 11C to allow call conferencing to Digital Polycom wireless divices? -the device is on TN 9 0

Since the Polycom should be considered a 2616 set in this scenario, we can rule out trunk disconnect controls, CLS of the TN and just about any software setting that exists...

...the reason being "if you hit RLS on a 2616 set, the line will release in all cases" (I know, not true on a QCW3, 4, 1250 and 2250 console but that relation doesn't apply)

This is almost certainly a Polycom firmware issue. Polycom's web site didn't produce much in a search of "nortel discoonect" but it's also not something they would publish if the answer was to replace them.

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back