Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11c and Polycom SoundStation2 Problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecLambyUK

Technical User
Dec 12, 2003
GB
Hi guys,

I have 3 different polycom soundstation2 direct connect phones which are the digital phones designed to work with the Meridian systems.

I have set up one of them on a TN on my Option 11c as a M2616 with a SCR number of 3xxx etc.

The phone display is fine and presents a dial tone and I can succesfully make a call to another phone. The problem comes when the call ends. On the Soundstation, I press the disconnect button and the display shows as call ended. However, if i then press the button again as if to make another call, the previous call which I thought had been disconnected is still active!

Basically, we cannot disconnect from any calls without physically power cycling the sound station. Anybody know what the issue is here or what I can check?

I have tried all 3 of our new phones and they all do the same thing so its unlikely all 3 are faulty. I have tried a different TN on the meridian and a different floor socket etc

Regards
John

Unfortunately, I have found Polycom to have firmware issues on several of their products that have not been resolved. I also have some 3Com NBX systems with some Polycom IP Soundstaions that have firmware "issues" that have never been resolved by Polycom. There are workarounds, but should't there be a resolution...after 2 years?

Hi,

the anwser to your question is -

the separate box where all the cables and power goes turn it upside down, by the Polycom logo on the serial number sticker there will be a tiny square overlay sticker, peel it back and it will reveal 3 jumper switches, from memory turn number 3 off
1 = on
2 = on
3 = off

this will work.

Cheers

Ok, so what do these little hidden switches do...

Inquiring minds want to know...

That dip switch config fixed the problem. I could find no mention of them anywhere in any of the manuals. What are they actually for?

Sorry can't answer that, obviosuly we've found out that dip switch 3 clears down a call on a digital line, god knows why these were set like this when they left the factory.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back