Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only 8 rings on Call Forward and then voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertB50

Technical User
Feb 24, 2005
US
As I'm new to the Avaya world I have not been able to resolve this issue. A user call forwards the office phone to the home phone. They want it to ring 8 times and then if not answered have the PBX sent the call to office voice mail. The coverage path is set as follows:

Hunt after Coverage? N
Next path - blank
Active? n n
Busy? y y
Dont Answer? y y
All? n y
DND/? y y
Holiday? n n
Terminate to Coverage ... n
Point1: h99 Rng 6

The user says the call, when forwarded to home, rings 19 times then stops ringing and does NOT go to voicemail.

What am I missing?

Once you have sent this off-net the PBX looses control of it. A way around this is to use EC500, this way it can ring on both the office phone and the cellphone/homephone and stays under control of the PBX.

Thanks, Tolson. I was instructed that the Coverage Path was the way to control rings and voicemail. EC500 allows simultaneous ringing of the desk phone and a cell phone. Prior to assigning user to the current Coverage Path it was following system defaults of 4 rings on call forward then to voicemail. I was told the PBX retains control until the call is answered. Can anyone else clarify this for me?

Do "change system-parameters coverage-forwarding". On page 2 check that "Coverage of Calls Redirected Off-Net Enabled?" is set to y.

PG

Yes, page 2 is set to yes for "Coverage of Calls Redirected Of-Net Enabled.

I just found the Remote Call Coverage Table and the instructions say that after entering the forwarded number "The sequentially numbered fields in which you assign telephone numbers are called
remote code numbers. You need this number to complete the procedure for defining coverage for calls redirected to external numbers." So if this works where do I use remote code number???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back