Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OneX - call waiting icon / call status user "stuck"

Status
Not open for further replies.

skQCC

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
US
I have a IP500 V2 running 6.0.18 software and 3 servers running (1 - VMpro 2 - OneX (win2008 server) 3 - CCR (win2008 server)

Issue 1:
About 45 users are using 1XP logging in and setting telecommuter mode attached to single line phones at different offices around the US. When the users log in to 1XP they like to use the System tab to view the other agents. A handful of users have next to there name the call waiting icon. This icon should only show when the 1XP is ringing but for all these users it is stuck on even when they are in an idle status. (Note - I have asked the users if they clicked on the option to keep the line open under Telecommuter and they do not.)

Issue 2:
Another user is logging in and always sees that a user name is in his current call status window showing the call status timer increasing as soon as he is logged in. The phone icon shows on the status screen for the call that it is hung up but still looks like he is talking to the user. We have tried pressing the drop button which doesn't do anything because he is not on the call. Also logging in and out just resets the time on the call. I don't have another instance of that happening which might just be a glitch that I would need to reboot services which is about 15min of down time :(

I believe 1XP is a great web app because it is simple to install and setup but I hope in the next release Avaya can fix some of these little issues along with integrating with CCR or atleast giving a few "buttons" that can allow the users to log in and out of queue's.

Avaya ACA-I IPO Certified
Panasonic TDA/TDE/NCP Certified
CTP certified

I think 6.1 will be a lot better, as you can run it in a virtual enviroment on Linux with a lot less overhead, and the interface is nicer and the notification applet works too I hear.

BLF is not a 1XP issue.
Looks like the blf port is blocked.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

tlpeter,
I thought the same originally so i ran the avayafw.bat file but only a handful of users have had this issue. I am going to reboot services after hours tonight to hopefully clear them and see during hours tomorrow if it acts the same.

The agents are logging into 1XP via the public internet so what goes on in the local network where they work is out of my hands.

That will be the problem.
How is the phone itself connected ?

The agents use 1XP to turn on Telecommuter mode which they put in the POTS line at the facility they are working in. Overall seems to work very well.

I have seen issue 2 before except it is a windows 2003 server but same version of 1X portal your running with 6.0.18.. Restarting the 1 Xportal service or rebooting the server fixes it.. It has only happend once since it was installed.. Catalyst advised that they haven't seen the issue before...

If they use telecommuter then they cannot provide a blf status because there is no extension to show blf from.
Blf only works on real extensions.

peter, it actually works if you have them login to a base extension. I created a IP extension for each user and it shows BLF via 1XP. 1XP acts like a phone, it does lag some but does show Busy when on phone, ringing, available and offline.

I never tried it but you could be right.
Try it with using a cell phone but at the office.
If it works then it must be the other end or the firewall at the office.

Did u ever reboot the 1X portal.. did the stuck call go away?

Yes rebooting the 1XP server fixed the issue. It could of been the many users playing around with the telecommuter mode at the same time. Since that day it has worked very well.
My other issue I have to tackle is the every so often a agent locks themselves out of CCR and the forget password sometimes still doesn't work. I will try the good ole reboot of the CCR server tonight.

What version of CCR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back