Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X QE SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswinnen

Technical User
Jul 31, 2007
BE
Hi,

can I use SIP with the One-X without using a gateway (pstn or BRI)?

In the doc I only find info about configuring the gateways for SIP use??

Thanks!

PS We are testing the One-X to promote them to potential clients, any comments on the system? DO or DONT? Thanks!!

DONT.

Thats it, just dont.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

Thanks for the reply puregold!

Can you give a tip why you just say DONT :)

Thanks!

DON't because the One-x is the biggest pile of cr@p going, really unreliable NOT user installable as claimed and not really Remote managable unless you have VPN access, they cost our company a fortune, take the advise and stay clear!!

there you have it.

You know what i think :)
Overhere there are people who say they are only good to burn :)
Test it till it stops working and you know if it is good

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Have installed and have install SIP. It was a small install, 4 phones. You do not need a gateway,,,,but it is good backup.

When i started with IPO 1.0 some years ago i got the same advise : don't do it! Crap! and whatever.
Look now.. everybody here is involved with IPO and earn good money with it although it is still a "difficult" product if you don't know the product well enough.
The same will happen with the QE in time, right now it is not as easy as Avaya makes us believe but i am confidend it will become a good platform for the really small businesses.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

Armriddle, have installed a couple OneX's and have had ZERO issues. It was as easy as they said. Granted there are no great features and it's limited, but as far as working correctly and install....ZERO issue.

Figure it out damn-it!

We've got a lot of them out there - customer self installed and VAR installed. Our customers love them. We have had zero issues.

I will have to agree with Pure Gold!
Long time ago I tried to set up 4621SW IP One-X.
I never did get it working right, hour, after hour...
It was more like "Plug & Pray", not "Plug & Play"
What an adventure!

im wondering if these people who love it have ever used a telephone system before and had experience of what a proper system is like rather than that product.

If everyone reckons they're that bad, is there a quick guide to reflashing the 3 phones I have here to work with the IPO? ;-)

I didn't think the QE was that bad personally. Especially once I'd got BT to change the loop disconnect time meaning that the lines actually cleared down!

I was about to ask the same q Potnoodleboy...!

I have 2 OneX phones sitting in my office for about a year and want to put them onto the IP office..

It is not possible but you need to be on the latest or the next release i believe ( or maybe even longer away)

have you sent me a pm yet tlpeter for the hyperterminal program to catch cdrs.

does that program run as a service by any chance?

Yes i did send you a pm
Did you get it ?

Can you send it me please the taker.

I still need to contact you PG
I will not forget
I have no response yet from TheTaker