Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X QE SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswinnen

Technical User
Jul 31, 2007
BE
Hi,

can I use SIP with the One-X without using a gateway (pstn or BRI)?

In the doc I only find info about configuring the gateways for SIP use??

Thanks!

PS We are testing the One-X to promote them to potential clients, any comments on the system? DO or DONT? Thanks!!

coming back on the quick edition phone's

In the next release (3.3) you can change them back to normal phones !

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

that's the best feature of one-x to date!

Avaya might actually sell off the stock they have, well after the cobwebs and rat sht is cleaned off...

Maybe not, the 3.3 release finaly has pickup

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Hi Guys,

I had three of the original QE trial sites in Restaurants in London. These are o.k. systems and now that they are on GA they work quite well but lack many obvious features like being able to adjust the ringing volume to a sensible level for a busy restaurant or office to hear the phone ringing or having a different ringing tone for internal and external calls along with the pickup feature and many other standard features besides that quite frankly are just missing from the list but should not be.

Problem is they are expensive for what they are, you might as well buy an IP Office 500 or SOE as there is no difference in price and to be honest, the features on the Quick edition are by far inferior so the IP Office is better value for money.

I have a real problem with our industry, it seems to me that a lot of the features we had the luxury of using in Hybrid PBX systems seem to have failed to make the transition to the IP platforms we are all working with today.

For example try doing a voice activated call to a Quick Edition handset and you'll struggle to fit in the manual coz it aint there!

Try this on an IP Office and you'll find it is there but then really this is an Hybrid system as it takes analogue, digital and IP devices where the QE is a real IP system.
We had some issues with the inital trial QE's but expected to have these and yes the disconnect clear times are important but on all analogue systems they always have been!

To make the point we are all looking at SIP as the next big thing. Well until I can set them up as a line appearance key and pick a line up like I could with a Meridian system this product is not going to really take off in my opinion and it does not matter if it's an IP Office or a Quick Edition or any other for that matter. This is a standard feature of key and lamp something that manufacturers of IP systems need to look back in time to find out why they where ever used and why customers still want them and then maybe we'll get some of the features customers ask for back again that should never have been left out in the first place.

PBX's evolved because of customers asking or maybe even demanding the features be included in the next product. Past system developers seem to have taken these features with them when they retired it seems to me as they have not made the transition from legacy systems to IP in my opinion.

Personally having to make sure my sites have the latest version of bin files because the current version (I sight 4.0.05's virtual extn programming hole as an example) installed on a system won't allow a standard feature like night service to function because it was not tested properly before release and needs to be upgraded is not helping prove to customers that this equipment is worthy of their investment in it and also the cost involved in finding and rectifying faults caused by poor programming is almost now at epidemic level for dealers and developers need to put a sop to this.

Just which versions of 4.0 and 4.1 should we install on a customers IP Office 400 or 500 system and just which Manager programs will work with which systems and which Bin files are compatible with them?

Early kit like Small Office Edition is still shipped with 2.1! I cannot upgrade the kit with 4.0 without first faffing around with 3 something or other Manager and bin files or loader files etc.

How rediculous is that?

Upgrading kit because the software does not work properly costs us no the manufactueer time and money and also damages the reputation of the product in the customers eyes.

It's time that new releases of software where backward tested fully before we dealers even sniffed the release as it costs profit to put this stuff right. Something sadly being erroded by manufacturers willingness to reduce costs to such a point that we cannot possibley make money on hardware anymore.

Did the IT industries demise not teach us anything?

Sorry guys for the long rambling email, I know its boring but it's quite good for te sole to purge yourself of this cr@p!

PureGold, have installed 100's of systems. Largest being about 800 users. OneX is what it is. It's a glorified, nice looking cheap solution w/ very few features. If the customer is looking for that, then sell it, if not, pass it by.

My problem is when people say something is "not good", when 9 out of 10x's the installer is "not good", or the salesman did a poor job in setting expectations.

Figure it out damn-it!

Shine52 don't forget these are sold as user installable systems, which means an absolute idiot needs to be able to do it, so you can't really say they don't work due to a poor installer. Otherwise Avaya would say it needs to be installed by a qualified and experianced person.

ACS - IP Office Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back