Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Outlook Plug-In settings button not appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy15

Vendor
Apr 23, 2002
US
I have installed the One-X plug-in for Outlook for a user (running Outlook 2010).
When I go to the Plug-In tab of Outlook and activate it, the plug-in is cut off at the edge of the screen.
All you can see is part of the Login button (just "Log" shows up on the screen).
Also the "Settings" button is not showing up either. So, I cannot even set the server IP or the port to get the Plug-in connected.
I have tried to uninstall and run the installer using Adminitrator rights.
Still no different.
I have tried resizing the panes, changing outlook to a different screen and maximizing it but still cannot get the settings button or the full login button to show on the screen.

Here is a link to a picture of what it looks like [link i.imgur.com/M5VrM.jpg]Plug-in view[/url]

I have installed the plug-in for 3 other users and it is fine on those machines.
The only immediate difference that I can think of is that this is a laptop.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

You should be able to click on the left hand edge of the pane and drag to the left. Sorry if this sounds obvious but that appears to the the only way I can recreate this.

ACSS (SME)

One of these days everything will work as it should, and then we'll all be out of a job!

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried that. I have tried resizing all of the panes of outlook.
I have also tried moving outlook to the other monitor and maximizing it, but it's still the same problem.
Anything I try by resizing doesn't make a difference on the settings button appearing.

Todd

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I have one user who's plug in is doing the same thing. He is logged in but part of the screen is cut off.

Same Issue here on 20% of a customer's PC's. Anyone have an update??

Check you firewall settings, also when you disable it i had some problems.

For windows 7, go to the display settings and set your text size to default (100%) Fought with this for awhile, customer had a custom setting of 132%. It now works...

If this is your issue then you will have to wait for a fix:

IPOFFICE-32019 When the Outlook Plug-In is installed on a Variety of Windows x64 PC's the Plugin will only show on half of the panel and will not allow you to log in. 8.1.76.80 8.1 SP 1Q13

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back