Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Mobile IPO for iPhone: connects but I'm unable to make calls. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pralph

Programmer
Aug 18, 2011
US
I have IPO with 8.0(18). I have installed the one-x mobile for IPO on my iphone. I created a mobile user on my IPO and am able to connect to my FQDN One-X server, I can IM and see who is online, but I am unable to make a call via the mobile app on my iPhone. When I dial the number and send it says "calling, and the number I dial" but then nothing happens. I have followed the directions and can not make this work at all with the iPhone app. I have been able to make it work with the droid app on a droid phone, but the iPhone app is no workie! Any help is greatly appreciated. My IPO and my one-x is all on 8.0(18). The one-x is running on a vm server and it is the linux version of the one-x.

Thanks

The user is set as a "mobile user" so they do not have access to the one-x portal.

Then you need to ask the guy (probably you) to set it up from the admin login on the One-X Portal.
It can be set from there.

But when there is no number set then it should ask you to set a number.
But i only have seen this on the Android phone and i would not be supprised when this does not happen on the iPhone.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

********ATTENTION******

thanks to the great guys on this thread, I have the iPhone app working with the IPO 8.0(18). The app connects and I can IM and make and receive calls. So far I have not been able to make my voice mail messages show up, but everything else works.

Just follow the directions in the Avaya documentation on how to set everything up. Then create your user in the IPO and make sure the user is set to "mobile user" you then need to log into the one-x administration and set the users im/presence phone numbers for the mobile number. Make sure you put a 9 first and then the number, just like as if you were dialing from the IPO. Save the changes and load them back to the one-x portal. You then need to stop and start the service and you should be able to make calls from the iPhone app for the IPO. Thanks so much everyone! Especially "tlpeter

Hi Pralph, thanks.
A little tip, you do not have to restart the 1XP service but it can take up to 5 minutes before the settings works.
It will sync with the IPO every 300 seeconds.

Also when you changed the user in 1XP, did you selected it and pressed "put selected"

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I did select "put selected", I however didn't wait 5 minutes. I am a very impatient person, :) I will try it again with another user and wait a little while after setting everything up.

Guys,

I am able to finally log into the app on my iPhone and I can see voicemails, chat, and pretty much everything with my iPhone. However when I go to contacts and select someone to call it then uses my desk phone to make the call rather then my iPhone. Any idea why? I also can see my voicemails but when I click play on one it is not playing them. I can do a callback and again it dials the callback number from my desk phone. I have configured everything as mentioned in the instruction manual but I am stuck at these two things Hopefully you all have some ideas.

Thanks

Slide the Available bar to the left and then click the last icon. Choose the mobile phone and then it will work. When you place a call the system will call you and then complete the call once you answer. It is kind of like Google Voice.

i can login on 1xmobile on iphone, but can't make and receive calls.
when i make calls to other ext, get message "call user failed"
when i receive calls, on my screen "incoming voicemail from ext"

please advise master.

thanks.

External calls from One X mobile app for iPhone gets connected but goes mute, no auido. Has anyone had this issue before. Any help and suggestion would be appreciated to fix it.Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back