Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Norstar phone, share 2 mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabilini

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
We have a Norstar MICS phone system with Star Talk vm. Isi it possible to assign 2 Vm boxes to same telephone or extension? Something like an automated attendant. Would I have to assign a seperate DID number to the 2nd voicemailso that callers from the outside can leave a message?

check the FAQ there is something similar there

I have done something like this... only different. It's not perfect, but it solved the problem

My system is an MICS 6.x with CallPilot.

Main Extension 1101

Create a phantom extension on an unused port IE 2101
Put an appearance of this extension on station 1101
Create mailbox 2101

There is no need to put a dummy phone on 2101 since there is an apperance on 1101.

Calls to 2101 will come in on the button assigned to it instead of the intercom, and will follow the forwarding rules (busy / no answer) setup for that station.

You can do this with hunt groups. Build a group, assign the phone to the group, assign the line to the group, set the group to que, set the overflow to the voicemail dn, set the overflow time to 15seconds (2 to 3 rings). The mailbox MUST have the same number as the hunt group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back