Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On hold message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I would like to put a message on our phones that when I put someone on hold it would tell something useful about our office instead of the beeping it currently has. Does anyone know how to do this?

Kristen

Hi Kristen,

The Norstar system has a built-in music-on-hold port that you can attach various types of Music/announcement devices.

Most commonly used is a typical radio or CD player. These type devices are inexpensive and simple to attach.

The more expensive "Announcement-on-Hold" devices are distributed by MANY companies on the internet. You can most easily find one of these distributors by going to your favorite search engine and typing "Music On Hold".

Please let me know if you need technical specifications as to WHERE to connect the Music on Hold device.

Norstarpro

I am in need of that information.

Where do I connect my music source?
I am working with a 6 x 16 system with NO DOCUMENTS.

Please help!

The Music on hold port is the last pair on the Station Block. (Voilet/Slate) Simply connect a piece of cross-connect wire to the port and connect that to your Output on your music source.

Hope that helps!!
D. McCall
dave@norstarsupport.com

I am trying to install a CD for Music on Hold on an 8X24 system. My documentation shows MOH on pins 25/50. I have installed the CD there and I can get background music to work great but no music on hold. The system is programmed for MOH on hold but nothing. When I change to tone on hold I don't get any tones either. Any Ideas?

I also have a Norstar system and have located the violate/slate place where to hook up MOH. But I am no electrician and am wondering the process one would go about hooking up a CD player to a switch board!

Thanks,
Liza

If you go and buy yourself a cheap set of earphones, you can cut off 1 of the earpieces and strip the wires. It can be a little difficult as the 2 wires are usually very thin. You may be able to hook up the 2 wires to the violet/slate pair directly, but I find it easier to splice some jumper wire onto it and tape it up. Use the jumper wire to connect to your pins. Then just plug it into the headphone jack of your CD player and program music on hold, and background music if you want it to come through the telephones. Remember too, that the pins you hook up to vary from system to system. If you have an 8X24 that`s ok, but if it`s a different norstar system, let us know and we`ll tell you what pins to use.

Schlum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back