Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Occasional Dead air issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen216

MIS
Jul 13, 2006
US
Hello everyone,

I currently have a CM 3.1.2 system with 8316d+ digital phones.

Recently I have been getting complaints from users that when they try to dial numbers, thet the call does not connect, just silence, and an echo in their ear. They claim to have to redial 2 or 3 times and then the call will go through.

I am pulling my hair out on this one.

I have been having the users email me right away when they have an issue. of course, as soon as I dial the number, it rings and connects.

Based on reports from users it is not isolated to any state or land/cell phones...

I can see no errors in any logs, CMS shows the call connected.

There is no rhyme or reason to the reports, and I can never re-create it, but I have every single outbound rep say it happens to them several times a day.

What can I do to try to isolate and re-create the issue so I can report it? Would you be leaning toward the PBX or the actual phone lines themselves?

Thank You everyone.

You could try editing the "change location parameters" loss table to see if it helps.

thanks, I will look into that. (getting manual dusted off now..lol)

is there anything specific I should be looking for?

Check with your carrier becasue we had a similar issue and it was a carrier they wer handing the call off to that was the cause. Check what lines or services they are going out on.

thanks rusty, at first I was leaning toward the carrier, since they had issues connecting to cell lines a while ago,, but users are reporting both land lines and cell,, so I wanted to rule out the PBX before I called the carrier. I will/am monitoring the trunks being used, so I have the info I need to report the problem as well.

Thanks

CM3.1.2 is a software load. What's your hardware platform?
Do these calls always involve a digital, IP, analog station?
Are they reported system wide?

Have the users stay on the call with dead air, call you and you can do Command: status station xxxx and you may see what they are connected to.

You could also turn on ACA short threshold to alert you of these calls. It will report the trunk-group and trunk number involved in the call.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

thank you

I am on a S8500 w/ 3 g650 cab's
all digital sets (6146d+)

only people complaining are my outbound reps,

I will def try the status sta.... next time

Thanks

Make sure they call you from a different station.
When they make outgoing calls, what is the primary outgoing trunk-group, co, tie, isdn?

ACA is automatic circuit assurance, it's programmed threshold is on the trunk-group form.
In the example below, ACA short calls will be reported to station 1059 and list measaurements aca will give you trunk-group and member information.
Code:
display system-parameters features                              Page   2 of  11
                    FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS

Automatic Circuit Assurance (ACA) Enabled? y
                                     ACA Referral Calls: local
                               ACA Referral Destination: 1059
           ACA Short Holding Time Originating Extension: 1057
           ACA Long  Holding Time Originating Extension: 1058
------------------------------------------------------------

change trunk-group 10                                           Page   2 of  21
TRUNK FEATURES
          ACA Assignment? y            Measured: none
Long Holding Time(hours): 1                               Maintenance Tests? y
 Short Holding Time(sec): 10   Data Restriction? n
 Short Holding Threshold: 15

Command: list aca-parameters
[aca-on] [number] [to-number] [name] [count] [print] [schedule]

Command: list measurements aca
find "aca-halt" button

Command: list button-location-aca

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

TG is isdn, aca was not set.. I did, and will have the user call me from diff line.

thanks again,, have a star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back