Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Obtaining License File for 9.1 to 10.0 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

94astro

Programmer
Jul 21, 2013
US
Hello Pros,

I need to upgrade a 9.1 to 10.0. I got the xml file from the current 9.1 IP Office and gave it to my distributor (Scansource), but they are telling me I need to get a material report csv file from the A1S website. I'm reading a doc on the 10.0 which describes how to retrieve the upgrade file from A1S, however many of the pages they are referring to do not exist! So I'm stuck. I can't seem to find any good documentation on how to migrate ADI licenses to PLDS in order to upgrade to a 10.0 system. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Maybe you can just give them a config file instead.
I usually just provide license migration XML file and a current config file.

You'll get a LAC code from Avaya which you will use in the PLDS.
It will migrate all of your current ADI licenses to PLDS licenses.
This is why you have to provide the license migration XML file.

Good Luck!

-SD-

Scansource is specifically asking me to go on A1S and generate a MaterialReport.csv file. I'll email them the config file and see what they say. Thanks.

Our disti only requires a config and the XML file, which means that is all that Avaya requires. Scansource is mistaken. If they give you push back I would try to speak to a manager and explain why you'll be finding a new disti.

Config is not needed. You only need the migration XML file from a live system. Using a saved config will let you use all the licenses that are virtual on a system like VM channels on Server Edition, Essential Edition, IP endpoints that are created by upgrading a system with older VCM cards, preferred edition based on existing UCMv1 and so on...

We use scansource and only provide the xml file. We've done 5-6 upgrades so far. I've never dealt with A1S. I think your rep is mistaken.

Thanks guys. I sent the XML file to Scansource and they were able to create a quote for upgrade with just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back