Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number of Rings B4 Forward to Voice Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

telsan

Programmer
Oct 17, 2003
US
Hi All!

One of my customers wants two of their extension numbers to be forwarded to Voice Mail after 5 rings. Currently, every extension in the Option 11C forwards after 3 rings. Can I set it up so that just these two extensions forward after 5 rings, if so, how? (with a little detail please).

Thanks!

Hi,

Goto LD 21
prt RDR
look for the prompt CFN0, CFN1, CFN2 and the DFN0, DFN1 and DFN2
The value gives the ring cycles.
If you print out your phone you see the RCO prompt. This value is related to the DFN and CFN value.

Ronald

CFN0 3
CFN1 4
CFN2 6

in the cdb, you have rdr data above, with my setting if i echg a set to rco 2, that set will not ring 6 cycles before it fna's to mail.. if you need the code, let me know

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm confused...If you do an echg to rco2, does CFN2=RCO2, and will your set fwd to mail after 6 ring cycles (you said it "will not ring 6 cycles before ti fna's to mail".

I can't speak for John but it appears as though he meant, it will forward after 6 ring cycles.

I think I have it....If CFN0 = 3 then the fwd occurs after 3 ring cycles, If CFN1 = 4 then the fwd occours after 4 ring cycles if I echg RCO0 to RCO1.

The only other question I have is...what is DFN for?

your right on that post, and dfdn is for distinctive ring cycles. if you use a unique ring for ld or local as opposed to internal, you can have internal and external fna at different times..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back