Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number Displays but no Name Display on PRI (TMDI Card) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcogoddess

Technical User
Feb 10, 2006
US
Opt. 11 TMDI card (NTDK78AA Rel. 11) no name displays on phones just number on their PRI... checked with service provider and they say it should be coming across?
Thanks!

on the dch do you have nd2? and in ld 96 enl msgi x on the d, that will show you if your getting the names

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Print the ADAN DCH in LD 22. It will show the DNUM in the printout.

Scott M.

Still no Caller name on display, Enl and MSGI X where it says NUM: it is almost always unknown. The generic software is 2111 and the release is 24.24- not sure if system allows this function at all? is it only on higher release? Anyone have another idea about what might be going on?

look at the rcap on that dch. another possible fail point is ld 96 stat serv, not usually tied to names but i've seen it block. you should be able to get name display on that rls, not sure if it's a package issue. that rls goes back a while. be sure to have the switch rls entered on the d.. that's the rls of the far end.. you are getting names so your switch should be able to pass that data.. the unknown are just that, no match in the ss7 database

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The stat serv is dsbl- should I chng it to enable and if so how do I do that? And RCAP is COLP- I don't even see that option listed in the NTPs.

Thank you so much for responding!

Tried to enable serv 3... it still comes up as disabled. Do I have to disable the DCH to make changes to it?

Here is my D-Channel for PRI, on which I do get NAME delivery:
Code:
ADAN     DCH 44 
  CTYP MSDL 
  GRP  1 
  DNUM 12 
  PORT 0 
  DES  MAIN-NUMBER-PRI
  USR  PRI 
  DCHL 35 
  OTBF 127 
  PARM RS422  DTE 
  DRAT 64KC
  CLOK EXT 
  IFC  NI2 
    ISDN_MCNT 300 
  CLID OPT0
  CO_TYPE  ATT
  SIDE USR 
  CNEG 1 
  RLS  ID  1 
  RCAP COLP 
  MBGA NO
  OVLR NO
  OVLS NO
  T310 120 
  INC_T306 2 
  OUT_T306 30 
  T200 3 
  T203 10 
  N200 3 
  N201 260 
  K    7 
  BSRV  NO

I do know I had to cycle the D-Channel and enable services when it first came up, but I added Name delivery later without incident.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

ADAN DCH 44 -- Mine is 3
CTYP MSDL--- Mine is TMDI
GRP 1
DNUM 12
PORT 0
DES MAIN-NUMBER-PRI
USR PRI
DCHL 35 ---- Mine is 1
OTBF 127--- Mine is 32
PARM RS422 DTE --- Mine is RS232
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC NI2
ISDN_MCNT 300
CLID OPT0
CO_TYPE ATT- Mine is STD
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID 1
RCAP COLP
MBGA NO
OVLR NO--- DOES NOT Appear
OVLS NO--- DOES NOT Appear
T310 120
INC_T306 2 --- DOES NOT Appear
OUT_T306 30 --- DOES NOT Appear
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7
BSRV NO--- DOES NOT Appear

Do you think I need to change the settings?

COLP = Connected Line Identification Presentation, Default value for ESIG, ISIG, NI2 and EUROISDN.
This shows up because the IFC is NI2.

I do not think you need to change anything; the TMDI is a different animal (my config is in an 81C), so the TYPE and PARM for you are correct.

I would check back with your provider, as Name Delivery is a seperate option and comes at an additional cost (at least it does in Qwest regions).

Scott M.

If you are running NI2, make sure RCAP COLP and NDS. ND2/ND3 does not work with NI2 switchtype.

On your telephone sets, make sure CLS TDD.

I just did this on one of my Option 11C switches today and made some people very happy.

Service provider has been contacted and they are sending the Name (they setup a DCH Trap) the problem must lie in the switch, and I wonder if it has something to do with the disabled serv in 96 but when I try and change it with ENL SERV 3 it does not change the status.
Thanks!

Are you seeing the name messages? You could do an ENL MSGI 3 in LD 96 to see all the incomming D-Channel messages.

DCH 3 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUPCOMP_IND REF 00005F9B CH 1 1 TOD 13:44:30
DCH 3 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND REF 00002E0F CH 1 2 TOD 13:44:54
CALLED #:8700 NUM PLAN: UNKNOWN
DCH 3 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUPCOMP_IND REF 00002E0F CH 1 2 TOD 13:44:58
TIM000 13:45 27/2/2006 CPU 0
DCH 3 UIPE_IMSG CC_DISC_IND REF 00005F9B CH 1 1 TOD 13:45:28
CAUSE: #16 - NORMAL CALL CLEARING
DCH 3 UIPE_IMSG CC_RELEASE_CONF REF 00005F9B CH 1 1 TOD 13:45:28
DCH 3 UIPE_IMSG CC_RELEASE_IND REF 00002E0F CH 1 2 TOD 13:45:30
DTC103

Then I would get your provider in your building and ask them what it is they are sending you. I think you should see something like this:
Code:
DCH 44 UIPE_IMSG CC_ALERT_IND  REF 00003E97 CH 35 13 TOD  15:00:26 CK 71005FB4 
PROGRESS: INBAND INFO OR PATTERN IS AVAIL

I am not certain, but I believe this is what is providing the actual Name data, as well as other CLID info.
The REF is the actual call reference number, CH is LOOP and Channel, TOD is the time, and CK is an ongoing number pattern that keeps mesages in sync as they are received by the PBX.

BTW, Here is what I am doing on my D-Channel
Code:
.stat serv 44
DCH 044 SERV : DSBL

Scott M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back