Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nt6d80 msdl card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tball1

Technical User
Apr 4, 2010
US
Is it possible to install a nt6d80 msdl card to the left or right of nt8d04 super loop card ?

Also was building ntbk51aa msdl card in slot 26 of network group zero shelf one getting sch5575 after trying dnum and port zero or one for dchannel device invalid msdl physical address

Yes, the MSDL can go any available network slot because it doesn't take any time slots

Thanks KCFLHRC for the response I thought that was the case on the msdl card only neededed power from the backplane. The issue I was having I had installed the nt5d12 for loops 26 and 27 this is a 3 group cs1000m machine release 7.50. I had set the ntbk51 for dnum 13 I was building the dchannel card and I got the sch message 5575 so I tried ever device number still the same this was in group zero . So I tried in group one it would take the information. I when back to check the devices build could not find a conflict with number 13. Their was two devices build for msdl card onboard type in group one 9,10 so I could build this dchannel on 11,12,13,14,or 15 in group one. I know that the documention said only 16 devices for the hole system. I guess my only other question is can you build msdl card in group one for a nt5d12 in group zero I assume so. The reason for this set up is no space to add the ddp card with out adding a fourth network group. Thanks for your comments

I guess my simplified question is can i built the nt6d80 msdl card in group one and assign a dchannel for t-1 card in group zero?

Thanks for the reply buddy, it has been a wait on nt6d80 for the dnum setting if I want to use 11 for the device number is that 1 on the tens switch and 1 and ones switch.

Also do you think the sch5575 message is conflict with another device or not in group zero? thanks again

Thanks again for the update on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back