Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT5B41GA CLID Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

agbaxter2

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2007
CA
Ok, so over the weekend I replaced our 3 old NT7875GA-93 trunk cards with NT5B41GA-93 trunk cards so that we could have caller ID in our company. I had done some research before attempting to do this on my own, so I had a pretty good idea what I would have to do. Our MICS system is running software version 7.0, so I thought it would be supported. We subscribe to the service from our telecom provider.

Now when I go into Terminals and sets and enter my extension number then scroll to Telco Features and hit Show, it says "No Lines Assigned".

When I choose telco features from the main menu, I have "Vmsg ctr tel#s" and "ONN Blocking", but no CLID option.

I figure I am missing a step somewhere. Can anyone enlighten me?

the line has to be ringing on a phone for it to get caller id (assign lines to the extensions)

And use the telco features under terminals and sets (CLID parameter will show up after a line has been assigned)

You can only assign caller ID information to a line that appears & Rings or rings only on the phone. Say line 001 is assigned to appear & Ring on ext 221. when you go under telco features and show features assign you will then be asked "What Line?"... If you wish not to have lines appearing or ringing on you phones then use feature 811 to display the CLID. Hope this helps.

So does this mean that I have to have an incoming line for every phone I want caller ID on? Or can I set 1 line to ring on many extensions? And if I do that, will it screw up our automated attendant?

Also, I have tried F811 and it still doesn't display even after several rings and even during the call.

If you have auto attendant then now worries about assigning lines...just tell AA to answer after 2 rings and not 0 rings as the Teloc send the data bewteen the 1st and 2nd ring.
The Voice Mail will transfer the call ID if the sets are programmed to accept Call ID.

Adding to curlycord's response- CLID info is sent by the CO between the first and second rings. If Auto Attendant, or a user, answer the call before the second ring, the system never receives the caller id.

Right on, I set the automated attendant to 2 rings, and it's all working great. Only problem now is that our receptionist is going nuts because her phone rings twice before it get automatically picked up. Is there something we could do to work around this, or will she just have to live with it?

Brilliant, that did the trick. Thank you so much for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back