Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Authority / System shutdown? 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinisterX

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
US
Whenever I start up windows xp about a minute later, a message appears stating this is from the NT Authority / System and that "windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) terminated unexpectedly." It goes into a 50 sec. countdown and windows just restarts automatically everythime? I can't get rid of this message or this error problem. What can I do?

Thanks,
Omar

You may be able to use the recovery disk (emergency boot disk, hopefully your dad made one, or you can get one from a friend) and recover the data from the computer if you have to reformat it.

PenelopeC,

This thread is far too large for you to get a good and quick answer to your question.

Try the question again as a new thread.

Hi to all,
by the way that firewall in xp, is really having problems with my network, so i have to disable all the time, for my sharig files, so what can i do for it.

thanks.

If your network machines are NAT's behind a router, you do not need or want the XP firewall. The NAT is sufficient for this worm.

Follow this link:
and the instructions there and your system will be clean.
Try to set in the control panel - administrative tool - services - Remote procedure call and properties, recovery tab - and set take no action to those 3 options.
Then download the fix. This step is to take only if you can't reach in time the download and run it.

KakCap,

The site wants under Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Regional Settings, the first major box to specify English (US).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back