Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NS700 - SVM Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps007

Technical User
May 1, 2012
GB
Hi Folks,

I have a customer who has a NS700 with SVM. Usually, customers dial the main number which goes to ICD group 601. If calls are unanswered after 20secs calls go to voicemail to say theyre busy and to leave a message. this doesnt appear to be happening.

Also, at night they have a button to put calls into night service and when calls come in on night service they get a beep beep tone and cuts the call.

Is there an obvious reason why this is happening? i have rebooted the PABX. how do i check if the SVM is running? Could the memory be full?

SVM can use Normal greeting message , recorded with *381.... or a specific greeting message for each time mode (D/L/B/N) recorded with *388 (0/1/2/3)1....
What message did you record?
Note:
If both the greeting message for a certain time mode and the normal greeting message have been recorded,
callers will hear the greeting message for that time mode. However, if no greeting message has been
recorded for a certain time mode, the normal greeting message will be played instead.

I recorded a message using *47(PS number+PIN) then *38

This all worked before lockdown. A colleague added a divert to mobile button for the group and now they’re back in the office and divert is disabled the previous working order does not appear to work.

Check the mailbox for that PS isn't full. A single mailbox only stores 10 messages by default (you can set it up to 100) and the steps to delete old messages aren't very intuitive to all end users.

Thanks Keypulse. i figured thats what it'd be. i changed it to 100 and everything worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back