Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notify caller of transfer to target IP Office 500 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

voipinfo

Technical User
Feb 5, 2009
IR
I have IPOffice 500 platform and Voicemail Pro.
I have configured one huntgroup which has 10 user in this huntgroup.
Then in Voicemail pro define a callflow which has a generic action and play a welcome message and then a transfer action which transfer the callerto the huntgroup.The huntgroup number is 300.
What I need is that voicemail pro or IPOffice announce the extension number ( which is a member of huntgroup ) to caller.
There is an option in specific tab of transfer action called "Notify caller of transfer to target" which will play the huntgroup number ( I have define 300 in this case).
But I need the the extension number to be played to the caller(for example extension numbers are 301,302,303,... in the huntgroup number 300).
I am look forward to view your answers.
I will appreciate all you answers.

Voipinfo

Not possible.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

This scenario is what the customer need,therefore I should implement it or he will not buy avaya.

Why does the customer want that ?
Maybe there is a different solution

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Maybe you can set a announcement for each extension, if the phone starts to ring then the announcement is played.

As tlpeter said "Why does the customer want that ?
Maybe there is a different solution "

The project is for a call center and the customer want it to announce extension number ( or operator code or something like this ) to the caller. So in Customer care department they could track which operator talk to a caller. For example a caller will talk to the manager ( Customer Care Department) and tell that the operator number 301 did not provide good service.

And as intrigrant said "Maybe you can set a announcement for each extension, if the phone starts to ring then the announcement is played."

How could I do that announcement ?

Thanks all for their answers

every user can have an announcement
Make an announcement for every user with something like "you are transered to extension XXX"
Then set the announcement to start at 0 seconds so it plays straight away

This announcement can be recorderded with vmpro

Also set a ring delay otherwise the user might answer to quick :)

Thanks tlpeter

Now I do not access the customer site , as soon as I test it I will post the result to forum.

It was intrigrant's idea :)

But i am sure it works

Thank intrigrant for his/her Idea and tlpeter for the explanation.

I have heard intigrant is partial to the odd Babycham. :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Thanks to all answers.

I have tested tlpeter and intrigrant 's suggestion.
Below is the testing call flow :

1- Define a Voicemail Pro module and name it to test1
2- In module "test1" after the start point I put a generic action to play greeting message and after that put a transfer action to transfer the call to the huntgroup ( in this testing is 300)
3- In specific start point , under user part add the users I need , and add Queued Start point for each one.
For example for Extn301 ( which is a member of 300 huntgroup )
I add a Queued start point and connect it to a generic action and add an Entry prompt to play "your transfer to 301"

I do the step 3 for all the users in the hungtgroup.

4-In IP Office Manager and huntgroup setting I turn off Queue and Announcement for huntgroup 300.

5-In IP Office Manager and User setting I turn on Announcement.

6- In Incoming Call route for all line I set it to VM:test1

Now when I test it , it doesn't work.

And I should say when in step 2 ( in test1 call flow ) , I change the transfer number form 300 ( huntgroup ) to 301 ( extension or other extension ) it will work.
But I need the huntgroup to distribute the call between different extension.

Please advice me on what doing ?

Forget the module

In manager set announcements for every agent
Set the first announcement at 0 seconds
Then in vmpro add all users and give them a queue and if you want also a still queue (not needed)

for every user make a generic action and put in a wav
Record that wav for every user with the extension number you want to be played to the caller

So you do not need a module but go to the users !!!
Routing to groups does happen in the ipoffice and vmpro start to come in action at user level, not earlier !

I should read better :)
Try without the vm transfer to the group

What do you mean bye "Try without the vm transfer to the group" ?

you mean in Incoming call routing instead VM:test1 set it to 300 ( the huntgroup )?

I have tested it but not working.

test it without voicemail pro.

at Incoming Call routing put 300 instead of VM:test1 and add announcement for all extension in voicemail pro ( with Queued start point and a generic action to play wav )

When I dial in to the IP office it directly ring on extension ( member of huntgroup ) without announcement.

Could you please help me ?

I did a search in the help file and you are having bad luck

If a call is rerouted, for example forwarded, the announcement plan of the original user is still applied until the call is answered. The exception is calls rerouted to a hunt group at which point the hunt group announcement settings are applied.

So this means it will not work when you are in a group call !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back